Author Topic: physically ill and emotionally drained!!!!!!!  (Read 2078 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

physically ill and emotionally drained!!!!!!!
« on: November 08, 2016, 11:50:08 AM »
years ago i met this guy online on another forum. craig von goebel years back when i got into ww1 aircraft he was selling off some nice rare stuff for cheap. i actually bought 15 or so models from him on 3 occasions . cool stuff old eduard, resin kits etc. he had this one kit i wanted to buy but it was expensive and i didnt know much about it.i told him i wanted it eventually and he said he would hold it for me. after a while i realised what it was and wanted it .i tryed to email him but he didnt respond.figured it was sold or he wanted to hang on to it.
   years go by fast forward to about a year and a half ago. i reconnected with him on a sales site and saw a couple things i wanted cheap and bought them.i emailed him saying remember me and he says of course you bought half my old stuff much more than anyone else. after he sent me a message saying the items shipped i responded with do you still have any of the other old kits particularly that 1/48 master club sikorsky s.xvi. i got no response. i figured that was one he didnt want to part with.
   fast forward to yesterday afternoon. for some odd reason i was flipping thru ebay and i see. for sale. the exact kit for sale by the same guy. it had been posted only a few hours earlier.buy it now $129.99. well i freaked out cuz i knew i couldnt afford it but i imediately checked my finances and decided i must buy this kit. it is my destiny.i knew it would be tough but i had to have this kit. this is the only chance i have to ever get it. and the price is actually reasonable cuz it not only is an exquisite well casted accurate kit but it includes 4 handmade spoked wheels that are mini works of art.
    so within minutes i goto buy it and i cant find it.i search and finally pull up my history and pull up the page i was on. AND ITS FUCKING SOLD.

I have been nauseus with a throbbing headache all day with bouts of anxiety bordering psychosis. why would he sell the kit without contacting me. why would some jerk snipe me on MY kit. has anyone ever had this kind of emotional trauma regarding a model kit? or am i just nuts. i see it as i claimed the kit, he decided to hold onto it and thensells it to someone random. i wish i could find another like this. i would make a resin copy and build multiples,one on skis as well as wheels, different markings etc.

here is the kit, just click see original ad and you can see MY kit:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Master-Club-MCL-003-1-48-Sikorsky-S-16-on-Wheels-/322319664670?hash=item4b0bbfc61e:g:BzEAAOSwal5YH7FS

and here is a build
http://www.internetmodeler.com/scalemodels/aviation/Master_Club_1_48_Sikorsky_S-16.php

and here is dave calhouns build:
http://www.swannysmodels.com/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1289519134/0
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 12:05:11 PM by ALBATROS1234 »

Offline 15badcats

Re: physically ill and emotionally drained!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 01:33:44 PM »
Hi I have one I'd sell for 150.00 + shipping If interested send PM I can ship tomorrow

Offline 15badcats

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 02:01:19 PM »
Also I'd trade for a WNW Harry Tate if you have an extra I can send photos of the kit if interested I might also trade for a WNW Triplane or DV11

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 05:54:12 PM »
I have been nauseus with a throbbing headache all day with bouts of anxiety bordering psychosis.

Plastic has yet to have this effect on me. Women? Well that's a given!

Von B

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline JiffyJDavies

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 10:35:05 PM »
This is not healthy.

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 11:47:31 AM »
Sounds like a raw deal. I've had similar things happen on ebay though. I got sniped on 4 caricature illustrations of WWII German fighters- that were signed by the aces that flew them. Bummed me out, but I keep searching in case there were others.

Offline Jim

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 03:18:00 PM »
And here I was thinking you were referring to the US election results!  ;)
Woof!

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 03:48:41 PM »
that too jim. no matter who wins we all lose

Offline Thumbs up

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 06:33:59 PM »
Maybe Trump could have a word with Putin to hunt down one of those Russian kit's for you! ;)

Offline Dave in Dubai

• Beyond the blue horizon
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 02:13:01 AM »
Scott you have posted " physically ill and emotionally drained" in what comes across as a fairly emotional state, in the " Time to relax" area of the forum!

Did I read correctly from your media that you are allowed to legally smoke "whacky weed" in certain states in "the states"? ;)

Get well soon! :o

Offline Borsos

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 02:55:23 AM »
I had a look at this kit via the links you've posted and I cross my fingers for you that you'll get one! It looks very nice.
Regarding other recent sinister events I remember that in the 19.th century thousands of Germans immigrated to America. And still in the 1930ies many German dissidents found refuge and shelter there escaping a mad regime. It's time now to give something back: All of you Americans are warmly welcome here in Germany to seek asylum, shelter and refuge. Remember: There's a great Weta warenhouse quite close in the Netherlands, Aviattic is not far away as is the Czech Republic, the modeller's paradise. Well, I know, of course, Sauerkraut, you'll have to eat that every day. But regarding the fact that so short after Halloween the first horror clown is going to enter the Oval office - come on, guys!  ;)
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 03:55:33 AM »
Hi Borsos, as a Cuban-American (I was born in Cuba and a refugee in 1970) who served in the military and spent 3.5 years in your beautiful country, I will stay here in the U.S. and visit when I have a chance.  One relocation in a lifetime is enough for me.  We Americans may think differently, but in the end are all Americans.  Thank you for your kind offer to visit, will have to take my kids there sometime soon so they can experience what other cultures are like.

Regards, Juan
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:12:34 AM by Juan »

Offline Borsos

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 04:35:07 AM »
One relocation in a lifetime is enough for me.
I can absolutely understand that  :)

back to topic, there's still the Omega models resin kit of the Sikorski S. 16 around, e. g. here: http://www.1001modellbau.de/sikorsky-s-xvi-modell/25783-omega-models-om72013-sikorski-s-xvi-1916.html
Of course, it's 1/72 and not 1/48 and I know well how important scale can be. But probabely better than nothing?
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline aliluke

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2016, 06:19:46 PM »
Hi
I did a bit of digging on this seller and he is 100% reliable etc. He has sold enormous amounts of kits and clearly it is a business for him of some sort - can't imagine how it makes him any money? So Albatross1234 - you have to be quicker off the blocks as I don't think vongoebel has a sense of loyalty to his previous customers - there are just far too many of them to be loyal to.

I don't know if Ebay has an alert system but Trademe here in NZ does. If a particular item has your interest they'll email you when the keywords for that item come up as soon as it is listed. Ebay also conceal the buyer - which Trademe doesn't - that is intriguing.

With a miss like this, my advice for your symptoms - Oh dear, how sad, never mind...life goes on and there will be another sunrise tomorrow and another kit you can't do without but just can't get.

Best regards
Alistair

It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 03:30:17 PM »
thank you alistair, i was really kinda of joking although i was quite disapointed on that day, i decided to post to start a conversation for fun. as for craig, he was a modeller and was even a forum member at the aerodrome and hyperscale. when i met him online 10 years ago he was getting out of modelling and selling all of his stuff, he told me his focus/interests had changed as well as some event that caused him to have to move to a smaller place so was doing massive downsizing. he remembered me as i bought a good chunk of his 1/48 ww1 stuff. after all the rare exciting stuff sold(mostly as he did save the above mentioned kit) he was left with multiple common and older tech things which he has continued to sell in various places. he may have forgotten that i wanted that kit and had recently asked if he still had it. or maybe he thought he would get max return on ebay. anyhow yes life goes on.