Author Topic: 'Time to Relax'  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Suffolk Lad

'Time to Relax'
« on: November 02, 2016, 10:57:29 PM »
Time to Relax seems the appropriate spot.

Finally the decorating's done - all the kit has been stashed and Sue's happy with her new hobby room. The workshop's nice and warm, the clocks have gone back to GMT so it's time to hibernate  :)

Broke out the first WNW kit this morning - SE5A - aah! plastic heaven at last :) :)

Regards - Tug

Offline RAGIII

Re: 'Time to Relax'
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 12:00:02 AM »
Glad to hear you are back at the bench! Relaxation at its best! On the other hand, I hope I finish my SE before you get too far along and I see all of the things I should have done  :-[
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 12:22:05 AM »
    Welcome back to the world of plastic, Tug. looking forward to seeing your SE come together!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 05:32:43 AM »
Great to hear you are back at the bench modeling plastic, and what a kit you are starting with, the WnW SE.5a is brilliant, looking forward to seeing it take shape.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 06:31:20 AM »
Hi Rick, Lance and Des,

Yes it's been a longish break but it's nice to be able to settle down at the bench at last.

I won't do a full build coverage Des as Rick is doing his and I'm sure it's been well covered before that. That said I will put up some progress shots once something begins to take shape. Spent most of the day snipping myriad pieces off the sprues and attaching them to cocktail sticks etc - what a lot of parts compared to previous kits! No worries there then Rick  - I should think you'll be well finished before I get into it. Ah! It's going to be one long happy winter  ;)

Regards - Tug

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 08:25:48 AM »
Hi Rick, Lance and Des,

Yes it's been a longish break but it's nice to be able to settle down at the bench at last.

I won't do a full build coverage Des as Rick is doing his and I'm sure it's been well covered before that. That said I will put up some progress shots once something begins to take shape. Spent most of the day snipping myriad pieces off the sprues and attaching them to cocktail sticks etc - what a lot of parts compared to previous kits! No worries there then Rick  - I should think you'll be well finished before I get into it. Ah! It's going to be one long happy winter  ;)

Regards - Tug

Tug,
I hope you know I was kidding about what I said. Please post a build log as your techniques and improvements on what comes in the kit are very informative and helpful! I have long range plans to do another SE and would certainly benefit from your approach  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 09:12:47 AM »
Yes of course Rick - all taken in good spirit I assure you  :).

Okay, I'll take some pics and post my thoughts as progress takes place but not sure I'll be adding anything much more different to what you or others have done. As Des says the kit does appear very good and completely different to those of my previous two builds, compared to those the one thing that became quickly obvious today was the need to prepare a considerable number of parts before any kind of assembly can go ahead.

I'll start tomorrow  ;)

Regards - Tug