Author Topic: Lt. W. A. Pritt´s Sopwtih Pup  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Kalt

Lt. W. A. Pritt´s Sopwtih Pup
« on: August 23, 2016, 11:01:30 PM »
Hello,

I am looking for information (especially photos) about a particular Sopwith Pup:  B2162 (Whitehead-built) of 66 Sqn. flown by Lt. Pritt, during September 1917. I only found a photo and a couple of drawings.

I am particularly interested in the upper wing Lewis mount and an educated guess of the color of the cowling and front section.
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library.
Siempre imaginé que el paraíso sería algún tipo de biblioteca.
Jorge Luis Borges

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Lt. W. A. Pritt´s Sopwtih Pup
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 02:21:51 AM »
I plan on doing this one in 1/48 scale, so I've got the same questions you have.  I have, however, studied that one photo long and hard and I'm pretty convinced that the cowling is blue based on the tonal similarity to the wheel markings and the fuselage roundel.  Sure would like to get a close-up of that Lewis mount, though.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Kalt

Re: Lt. W. A. Pritt´s Sopwtih Pup
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 11:17:07 PM »
I tend to agree with you about de color but I saw photos of others Pups, also built by Whitehead, with dark cowlings (perhaps PC10). Sadly, none of these machines were of the same production batch of B2162. That is the reason because now I am looking for photos of Whitehead-built Pups of the B2151-B2250 production batch.

What a coincidence! I am about to start the old Eduard kit.
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library.
Siempre imaginé que el paraíso sería algún tipo de biblioteca.
Jorge Luis Borges