Author Topic: Encore Fokker F1 103/17 Triplane and WNW SE5a (Duel) build: Plus MvR Dr1  (Read 105778 times)

Offline RAGIII

Outstanding Rick, your Dr.I and F.I are little masterpieces.

Thanks for the comment Juan, I appreciate you following along throughout the build!
RAGIII

Both models are absolutely superb Rick.

Des.

Thanks Des, as always your comments are appreciated!
RAGIII

A brace of fine looking tripes, Rick  ;)
Well done!!

vB

Thanks Von B! Greatly appreciate the comments!
RAGIII

Wonderfull!
Andreas

Thank You Andreas! I appreciate you following the builds!
RAGIII

Both looking fantastic! A nice pair of beautiful famous birds!

Thanks Ian. I appreciate the comments! I have posted the last photos to this thread. I have spent a couple of days finishing up the triplanes. The SE5a has been finished for a while. I still have some figures to paint, MvR, Moritz, and Werner Voss but I think I will do these in the figure section. Perhaps next week I will do a photo shoot of all three in their completed stage.  Time to FINALLY close this one out.
Thanks to all who have followed along!!
RAGIII

PS: Reference a discussion that happened much earlier in the build I figured out why Encore did the resin engine! In the end it was pretty obvious...it is representative of the Lehrone and NOT the URII!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 04:59:07 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Monty

The final pictures of the two Triplanes together are just Wonderful, Rick! The shades of red are a joy to behold - the Red Baron's plane is just ready for that last flight! You did a great job repairing the damage and finished it off beautifully... Regards, Marc

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
This is a truly magnificent trio, Amigo!  Every aspect of each model is superb.  Can't wait to see what's next.  I'm currently reading Brief Glory: Life of Arthur Rhys Davids for the third or fourth time.  The British pilots' accounts of Voss' flying and fighting is mind blowing.  I'm glad you chose these subjects.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline dr 1 ace

This is a truly magnificent trio, Amigo!  Every aspect of each model is superb.  Can't wait to see what's next.  I'm currently reading Brief Glory: Life of Arthur Rhys Davids for the third or fourth time.  The British pilots' accounts of Voss' flying and fighting is mind blowing.  I'm glad you chose these subjects.
Cheers,
Bud

Ditto our Amigo's Comments !!!

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline RAGIII

The final pictures of the two Triplanes together are just Wonderful, Rick! The shades of red are a joy to behold - the Red Baron's plane is just ready for that last flight! You did a great job repairing the damage and finished it off beautifully... Regards, Marc

Thanks Monty, your comments are appreciated!
RAGIII

Cheers,
Bud

Cheers,
Bud

Ditto our Amigo's Comments !!!

Ed

Thanks Amigos! As for what is next you know I can't do just one  8) Right now it is looking like a WNW Camel and a Roden Albatros DIII OAW. 43 squadron and Jasta 10.
RAGIII

Offline ALBATROS1234

the tripes are looking super fabuloso rick. love them. i know you are proud and i think the spirits of voss and mvr are as well !!!

Offline RAGIII

the tripes are looking super fabuloso rick. love them. i know you are proud and i think the spirits of voss and mvr are as well !!!

Thanks, your comments are very much appreciated!
RAGIII

Offline ALBATROS1234

its imecable work the streaking is amazing and so is the red color as well as the subltle ways you gave character to the monotone scheme

Offline RAGIII

its imecable work the streaking is amazing and so is the red color as well as the subltle ways you gave character to the monotone scheme

Again MANY THANKS! My goal with the MvR Triplane was to end up with something other than just another red triplane! You certainly make me feel I succeeded to some degree!
RAGIII

Offline ALBATROS1234

definitely imho. excellent effect overall

Offline lone modeller

Sorry to be late Rick but I ahve been away and only just seen the completed model photos. These are two gems and no mistake. I am so pleased that you restored the MvR triplane  - it was truly worth the effort. These are two stunning models - the colour schemes are just superb. Wonderful work.

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

Sorry to be late Rick but I ahve been away and only just seen the completed model photos. These are two gems and no mistake. I am so pleased that you restored the MvR triplane  - it was truly worth the effort. These are two stunning models - the colour schemes are just superb. Wonderful work.

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen. As always I appreciate you following along and comments/ encouragement!
RAGIII

Offline mgunns

Nice looking duo you have there Rick.  Nice to see you haven't lost your touch and your models are as exquisite as ever.   Bravo Zulu!
Mark

We few, we happy few.....