Author Topic: Hello from Alistair in Wellington, New Zealand  (Read 3344 times)

Offline ermeio

Re: Hello from Alistair in Wellington, New Zealand
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 08:48:07 AM »
Welcome to this forum, Alistair

Offline aliluke

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2016, 11:24:26 AM »
Wow - so many responses - what a great place! Just trying to get my plastic modelling skills back up to par - my par that is - so many modelers here are off the planet in terms of skill. So working on my 1:48 Porco Rosso plane - not a legal entry on this site as not WW1 but OK I hope in the intro section. Here is the interior - learning for me - how to make woodwork, how to make seat belts, how to airbrush metallic paints and how to do washes. I hand painted the instrument panel but that is almost impossible to photograph.

When this is finished I now have 4 WNW kits to get into!!!
It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2016, 03:35:16 PM »
Hi Alistair, great work on the porcorosso plane, if you want you can peep into my WIPs, they are in Italian, but maybe the photos speak for themselves:
Savoia S21
Curtiss R3C-0

I also scratchbuilt the DABOHAZE, the pirates plane

Happy modeling!

Antonio

Offline aliluke

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2016, 04:32:58 PM »
Hi Antonio
Bravissimo! Grazie. I may post a finish of Porco Rosso's plane here in my intro - also have the Curtis to make. But need to get into the WNW kits soon...

Should add that anyone here who hasn't seen Porco Rosso should do so - the most amazing animation of flight you'll ever see. It is also Peter Jackson's and Richard Taylor's favourite movie.

Cheers
Alistair
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 04:40:59 PM by aliluke »
It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Offline Jim

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2016, 05:54:13 PM »
Welcome Alistair. Wow, I really admire of the detail you have put into the cannon rigging of your Fly model. I'm sure rigging a biplane will be a cinch for you!
Woof!

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 04:27:02 AM »
Sorry to be so late to respond, but welcome aboard, Alistair!  I've always had a fascination with wooden ship models, but could never bring myself to spend money or devote the time to a proper model.  When WNW released the Felixstowe, I bought one in lieu of it's wooden ancestors.  I look forward to seeing your models and, by all means, get the Felistowe.  It's a great kit.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence