Author Topic: Manta Figurines??  (Read 1532 times)

Offline kadjab

Manta Figurines??
« on: July 10, 2016, 09:25:34 PM »
Hi Everyone,
My first post!!!
Would anyone know if Manta Figurines is still in business??
I'm chasing their 54mm Guynemer figure and can't seem to locate them or the figure elsewhere.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Dave
Australia

Offline RAGIII

Re: Manta Figurines??
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 08:26:07 AM »
Hi Everyone,
My first post!!!
Would anyone know if Manta Figurines is still in business??
I'm chasing their 54mm Guynemer figure and can't seem to locate them or the figure elsewhere.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Dave
Australia

I am sorry to say that Christophe closed his business down quite a while ago. His figures were outstanding but sales did not warrant the work. Which Guynemer are you looking for, the one in dress uniform or flying suit?
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline kadjab

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 04:42:50 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
I know Metal Modeles has a figure in dress uniform which I will purchase, I just thought the MANTA figure had a better likeness.
I like to model an actual photo and the MM one is the same as Guynemer in front of his SPAD anyway.
Is there also one in his flying kit??
Dave

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 11:23:29 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
I know Metal Modeles has a figure in dress uniform which I will purchase, I just thought the MANTA figure had a better likeness.
I like to model an actual photo and the MM one is the same as Guynemer in front of his SPAD anyway.
Is there also one in his flying kit??
Dave

Yes there is another. Christophe did a "French/ American aviator" in flying suit that came with a Guynemer head as well as the American generic head. I have both. I started the dress uniform figure not long after release. I realized I just don't have the eyesight, even magnified, to do the medals. I could strip it and send it off to you. PM me for purchase details if you are interested.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler