Author Topic: "Hein kaputt!" Verdun, Oktober 1916 Diorama (Takom Mörser) 1/35  (Read 8447 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: "Hein kaputt!" Verdun, Oktober 1916 Diorama (Takom Mörser) 1/35
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2016, 07:42:13 AM »
Absolutely incredible work, the detail is amazing even down to the dead rat, you have done a superb job with the figures and the gun is simply brilliant.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2016, 08:42:41 AM »
 Borsos,
I'm in absolute awe of you latest Opus my old friend. Truly the work of a Master Modeler. Well Done!
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Edo

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2016, 05:18:55 PM »
great build Borsos!
what i like best are the dinamic poses of the soldiers, it really captures the action!
vvery well done!
ciao
Edo

Offline dinor

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2016, 10:34:15 PM »
Borsos

I can offer you no higher personal compliment than to tell you that when viewing your scene I 'feel' the emotions of the horror of war and sadness that any humans had to go through what these soldiers had to....for any model to bring out such emotion is to me quite simply.....amazing.

I could not have a piece such as this in my room, it would make me feel too sad ... too often......please take that as a compliment.

Dino

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2016, 03:28:03 AM »
Borsos

I can offer you no higher personal compliment than to tell you that when viewing your scene I 'feel' the emotions of the horror of war and sadness that any humans had to go through what these soldiers had to....for any model to bring out such emotion is to me quite simply.....amazing.

I could not have a piece such as this in my room, it would make me feel too sad ... too often......please take that as a compliment.

Dino

I wholly agree with Dino - but I could also not have made this model because I do not have the incredible skill that you have demonstrated in building and constructing this. Very many congratulations on an excellent diorama.

Stephen.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2016, 03:33:09 AM »
Thank you very much for your kind comments! I really appreciate them!
Kind regards
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2016, 03:41:15 AM »
Borsos, this is one of the most action packed and beautifully executed dioramas I've ever seen!  Everything from the gun to the base to the modified figures is truly superb!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Old Man

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2016, 10:31:37 AM »
Damn, Sir!

This is a wonderful piece!

Splendid, splendid work!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2016, 06:32:47 AM »
I can't believe I haven't commented on this Spectacular Diorama! The Morser is Outstanding and the figures as always are superb! The ground work and arrangement of the pieces are first class!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2016, 02:38:15 PM »
Wow,
 all is said above.
Just terrific.
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline xan

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2017, 07:13:43 PM »
This topic is quite old but I didn't saw it ended. Congratulation it's very relistic, and very well done.

about your observation concerning your motivations, reading the two remarque and Barbusse sentences, their are obvious (with your permision I do them mine, changing the languages, like the ying and the yang).
My grand father hated germans and yours surely had the same sentiments for the french. but we learned to know and apreciated each other: what we did is important.
dark times are coming, so keep those positive acts in our mind is important, I think.

Xan
"Zwei Armeen, die sich bekämpfen, sind eine grosse Armee, die Selbstmord an sich übt."
Barbusse.
"Une montagne en Allemagne ne peut pas offenser une montagne en France. Ou une rivière ou une forêt ou un champ de blé."
Remarque.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2017, 05:36:38 AM »
This topic is quite old but I didn't saw it ended. Congratulation it's very relistic, and very well done.

about your observation concerning your motivations, reading the two remarque and Barbusse sentences, their are obvious (with your permision I do them mine, changing the languages, like the ying and the yang).
My grand father hated germans and yours surely had the same sentiments for the french. but we learned to know and apreciated each other: what we did is important.
dark times are coming, so keep those positive acts in our mind is important, I think.

Xan

Thank you very much for your kind comments!

Thank you in particular, Xan, I couldn't agree more with what you said. That you adopt the quotations of Remarque and Barbusse in changed languages, that is really really great.
Merci pour ça et un salut cordial

Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline jamieg

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2017, 07:44:43 AM »
Brilliant. I really like the animation of the figure poses.

Jamie

Offline cduckworth

• My WW1 Models
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2017, 11:56:52 PM »
Borsos
Beautiful diorama! 

Charlie
"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard."  Pogo