Author Topic: Fokker D.VII  (Read 1303 times)

Offline MammaAiuto

Fokker D.VII
« on: August 22, 2012, 01:44:40 AM »
Hello All,

I would like to buy one kit of the Fokker D.VII at 1/48 scale for a friend, right now
I know the Roden is a good start, but which one is the more generous like with more
option or decals, lozenge or photo-etch  stuff like that.

The idea behind that is to found a quick nice looking models which can be build by
somebody not familiars in the world of models.... sadly for my part my knowledge is
more with the 1/72 then the 1/48 so I need your advise for that

Thanks for your times
Salut

Marc P   

Offline Chris Johnson

Re: Fokker D.VII
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 08:57:11 AM »
You might want to look at Eduard's Fokker D.VII Dual Combo kit #8133. You can build two full models of the D.VII from the one box, and it includes paint masks, photoetch, and four and five pattern lozenge decals.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 12:07:49 PM »
the roden kits are good but are for experienced modellers only they have some fit issues that takes an experienced hand to deal with. the eduard dvii kits are much easier to build and there are many decal opions to choose from. i would suggest the dvii oaw profipack as it has some nice decal options plus photoetch to add that extra detail.

Offline MammaAiuto

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 11:20:04 PM »
Thank you all,

I will talk with my friend (  co-worker ) .... so it will probably be the Profi-Pack from Ebay
at a little bit more then 38.00 Cad dollars all include.

And for me I will probably take one from Roden , probably more complex but very attractive in the
details and also less expensive, I found one at around 25.00 shipping include.

Yesterday I order the Kagero Fokker D.VII: The Lethal Weapon (Legends of Aviation in 3D) 
I think with that he and I will make something nice , the 1/48 is not my commune or regular 
scale usually I work with the 1/72  ..... more easy to make scratch part

Again thank-you

Salut from my deep cave

Marc P