Author Topic: And another Krupp Morser by Takom - 1/35  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Ssasho0

• Scale Models Club Bulgaria
And another Krupp Morser by Takom - 1/35
« on: June 11, 2016, 03:59:31 AM »
Still a WiP but decided to share with you, my first attempt at 1/35 military model. Still needs  a base and probably some more dirt.
Any comments, recomendations and especially constructive criticism are most welcome!

Best regards,
Sasho

Think globally, act locally!

Offline eclarson

Re: And another Krupp Morser by Takom - 1/35
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 06:00:50 AM »
I saw this on Facebook!   You've done a terrific job.  A base will be a nice addition but I wouldn't add any more dirt.  I think it looks perfect as is.

I'm an armor novice as I build mainly aircraft but have this one and the Takom Big Bertha kit in my stash.

Be sure to post more photos once you get it on a base.

Cheers,
Eric

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 07:26:52 AM »
This is a superb looking model, you have done a brilliant job with the build, painting and weathering.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline eclarson

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 09:59:11 AM »
Sasho,

I just copied all your Morser photos to my computer so I can study them further when I build mine.  The more I look at them, the more I'm impressed with your work. 

Do you happen to have an in-process post where you explain how you achieved the finish and weathering?  I'd love to hear how you did the chipping, rusting and the general worn look.

Also, if I may ask, what paints did you use? 

Thanks,

Eric

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 06:02:59 PM »
Very impressive Sasho.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Ssasho0

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 06:07:07 PM »
Des, Nigel and Eric,

thank you  for the nice comments. Seems like building something different from time to time really adds to the fun and the modelling mojo.

@Eric: This is my first attempt so I picked a nice build log online and studied and used and even abused it a bit, but it was very helpfull. Here are the links to part one and two.
 I did not took pictures of the construction process as it was quite straight forward. Still here is the link to my photobucket album with all the pictures I have. Nothing really interestin there, just few broken parts that need replacing. Later today I will make a list and photo of the materials used, but as this is a learning experience into the world of armorbuilding, I choosed faairly easy techniquest to try at first. Nothing really fancy and the whole build took me like 2 weeks:-D. This is the fastest build I had in years, but it is just very straight forward and out of the box and the parts arte not that many. There was no need to use putty anywhere, just a bit more modelling glue and some sanding afterwards. The painting was with Tamiya and Mr Colour paints, followed by "chipping", done with a tiny piece of sponge and Nato Black color by Tamiya. I don't used pure black as it is, well too black. Nato Black is very dark grey green, the difference is clearly visible only if you have two pieces next to each other, but the not so black colour adds realism imo. Then the same technique but with hull red by Tamiya, more or less on the same places, over the black, but way more sparingly. Just in order to add some rusty tint to the black here and there. Next step FIlter by Mig or Ammo. The one udsed was "Filter for Nato tanks" I think or "Filter for green vehicles". Pin was, some oil dot wash and pigments at the end. Thats sums it up :)
I will take picture of the exact colours and materials a bit alter on

best regards,
Sasho

Offline eclarson

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 12:09:54 AM »
Sasho,

Thank you so much for sharing your build  information!  I've saved the online build logs and will put all this to good use when I build my Morser.

You're so right about building something different once in a while.  I just did the same thing by taking a break from my airplane builds and doing a Tamiya 1/48 Jagdtiger.
I also studied other online builds and watched some videos on various armor techniques, then tried applying what I learned to my model.  It was great fun and I learned a lot in the process.

Cheers,
Eric

Offline Ssasho0

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 04:26:50 AM »
This is generally what I have used for this build, in the order they have been used from left to right.

Offline eclarson

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 05:35:19 AM »
Thanks again Sasho.  I have most of those, or something similar, in my paint stash.  It's amazing the variety of paints and other finishing products available to modelers these days. 

Cheers,
Eric