Author Topic: WNW Re-Issues???  (Read 1278 times)

Offline rfindley

WNW Re-Issues???
« on: May 14, 2016, 02:46:21 AM »
Does anyone have feel for whether or not WNW will do another production run for their kits once they run of of stock?

Offline Russell

Re: WNW Re-Issues???
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 03:22:35 AM »
Does anyone have feel for whether or not WNW will do another production run for their kits once they run of of stock?

It's been discussed a few times & I think the general feeling is that there's no chance of a pure 're-issue' but they may reappear as the 'special edition' versions (but nobody is holding their breath any longer for these).

Most likely - and the precedent has already been set - some will come back as subtly different versions  ::) (e.g. with a different type/mark of engine or whatever) or as part of a duo set with different markings.

Obviously the only people who really know are WnW.

Regards
Russell

Offline Borsos

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 03:28:23 AM »
Actually a good question! As these kits are on the highest production standarts the moulds must have cost quite an amount of money. And I cannot imagine that they should be worn out after this first production run. So I for myself can't see any reason why to leave these perfectly working moulds catching dust in any magazine. Viewed from an economic point, this would make no sense. Waiting a little time (no modelling company has all their stuff on production all the time....), then adding some different decals and offer a 2nd edition - that would make sense to me. (That's what I hope they do, because I actually want a Re8 and I cannot pay 300+ €).
But due to the fact that WNW doesn't need to make money because Sir Peter Jackson earns his millions somewhere else, I cannot really say. He doesn't seem to be in the situation of being forced to rerelease their kits to survive (as e. g. Hasegawa seems to have to do right now like people say). Let's hope, he will be a businessman in this very question...  :)
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline rfindley

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 05:32:38 AM »
....But due to the fact that WNW doesn't need to make money because Sir Peter Jackson earns his millions somewhere else, I cannot really say. He doesn't seem to be in the situation of being forced to rerelease their kits to survive (as e. g. Hasegawa seems to have to do right now like people say). Let's hope, he will be a businessman in this very question...  :)

It was always my understanding that Peter Jackson started his company because of his love for the aircraft of the WW1 era; not to make money.  The result has been a line of unsurpassed aircraft kits that obviously are not just gathering dust on some hobby shop shelf.   He has sparked a lot of interest in this era and to my way of thinking another production run will only stimulate more interest which was Sir Peter's goal to begin with.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 08:51:36 AM »
....But due to the fact that WNW doesn't need to make money because Sir Peter Jackson earns his millions somewhere else, I cannot really say. He doesn't seem to be in the situation of being forced to rerelease their kits to survive (as e. g. Hasegawa seems to have to do right now like people say). Let's hope, he will be a businessman in this very question...  :)

It was always my understanding that Peter Jackson started his company because of his love for the aircraft of the WW1 era; not to make money.  The result has been a line of unsurpassed aircraft kits that obviously are not just gathering dust on some hobby shop shelf.   He has sparked a lot of interest in this era and to my way of thinking another production run will only stimulate more interest which was Sir Peter's goal to begin with.

Ok, well, my English seems to show its limits and I may have caused some misunderstanding: I totally agree. I just wanted to say: If WNW were just an ordinary modelling company that needs to make money to be able to survive, then I would say that it's very very improbable that they would NOT rerelease their models in any form. From the economic point of view it would be unwise to spend lots of money for outstanding moulds and leave these MOULDS gather dust without ever reusing them. (I never talked about kits gathering dust. But what do unused moulds do when they are not used for producing kits?)
But BECAUSE WNW is run by idealists and there's not only economic thinking that rules, it might be possible that Peter Jackson says "Well, gone is gone. No 2nd production run, that was one of my guidelines." I hope, this won't be the case, but it is not entirely impossible. IN THIS VERY QUESTION I hope, Peter Jackson would act more like a businesman and say "Well it would be sad and a total waste of money to leave all those expensive moulds unused, let's rerelease those kits". IN EVERY OTHER ASPECT I hope that he keeps the idealistic way. I hope, my point became clearer now...
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 09:33:06 AM »
Word from Wingnuts some time ago when asked if they were going to re-release sold out kits was a flat NO, we will not re-release any sold out kits except in our special edition kits, these special edition kits seem to have been shelved along with their range of figures, maybe one day they will see the light of day. We have to bear in mind that if they do release special edition kits they will be quite expensive.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com