Author Topic: WNW New Release soon ?  (Read 2475 times)

Offline stevie g

WNW New Release soon ?
« on: May 04, 2016, 01:35:04 PM »
Someone on the WNW Facebook fan page just posted that he had noticed that Wingnuts have removed the red " new release" tags on they're newest kits, prompting a suggestion that this is possibly due to an imminent new "new release" , sounds feasible........

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
Re: WNW New Release soon ?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 03:06:10 PM »
Hmmmm might be something, might not... Still with my birthdy under 2 months away... may make for a nice present??? LOL

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 10:51:57 PM »
Someone on the WNW Facebook fan page just posted that he had noticed that Wingnuts have removed the red " new release" tags on they're newest kits, prompting a suggestion that this is possibly due to an imminent new "new release" , sounds feasible........

Just checked and the 3 top kits on the Home Page " Featured releases" still have the Red "New" banner! So what has changed?
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline zavod44

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 11:05:25 PM »
Try and refresh, mine no longer have the banner either, and I think the banner removal happened because of an eminent release is a pretty big stretch and a very large case of wishful thinking.  Not that I don't wish that too, I just don't think that's an indicator of anything.  It's amazing that such a small thing has people worked up is a real testament to the power of WNW.  I guarantee no other company has nearly this kind of loyalty.  I love Tamiya and a bunch of other companies and I don't think I have been to their websites more than a few times in my life.  WNW... I go there everyday and hit the refresh button...I always have a WNW tab open.  Literally people are sitting and waiting around for the next thing to drop....amazing

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 12:01:22 AM »
Try and refresh, mine no longer have the banner either, and I think the banner removal happened because of an eminent release is a pretty big stretch and a very large case of wishful thinking.  Not that I don't wish that too, I just don't think that's an indicator of anything.  It's amazing that such a small thing has people worked up is a real testament to the power of WNW.  I guarantee no other company has nearly this kind of loyalty.  I love Tamiya and a bunch of other companies and I don't think I have been to their websites more than a few times in my life.  WNW... I go there everyday and hit the refresh button...I always have a WNW tab open.  Literally people are sitting and waiting around for the next thing to drop....amazing

Refresh did take away the banners. That being said I agree that it is a BIG stretch to take this as meaning new releases are imminent! Seems far more likely that WNW just doesn't consider these kits as "NEW" anymore.

RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline JiffyJDavies

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 12:27:28 AM »
Not sure this means anything, click on news on the left, the Scale Model Expo in April is advertised.

Come on guys, we've all got enough WNW kits to keep us busy for many a year, the very last thing we need is more WNW kits at even greater prices! That's why I'm not following the WNW website as I once used to. I don't have the spare workbench space, I don't have the time, I don't have the money.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 03:06:56 AM »
Damn junkies...lol...cmon WNW just one kit.....just a 1 seated that's all I ask.....I'll make you feel good baby...cmob just one kit(hit).....lol...

Just some good natures ribbing fellas.I couldn't resist.sometimes it does sound like a couple of you guys are tweaking waiting for a new release though

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 04:51:10 AM »
Frankly I'd be just as happy if WNW would re-release the DV & DVa, the Sopwith Triplane, etc.  Of course a Berg D. I would not be unwelcome either,  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Black Max 72

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 06:04:28 AM »
I agree, it would be nice to see the o/s kits get another production run. Especially for those of us who missed out the first time.

Dave

Offline Dwaynewilly

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 06:51:37 AM »
I like the action.  I think it's inevitable that something new is on it's way.  Is it the Camel or something else?  Time will tell, but reading those tea leaves for clues is just human nature.  Maybe the removal of those banners means something and maybe it doesn't, gotta give the WNW marketing folks a lot of credit, they have measured their consumers appetites and stoked us into a frenzy.  We're a bunch of big kids waiting for our next holiday present.  The halcyon days of modeling are upon us, is it also our swan song ... who cares?  Enjoy it for what it's worth!

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 08:03:04 AM »
I don't think they are deliberately creating expectations, they just like some of their new releases to be surprises, that is their way. Don't forget that many of their new kits were announced LONG before they were released eg Fokker Eindeckers, RE8, DH9a, HB W29, Roland D.VI, Fokker DVII, Gotha, AEG
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 12:19:50 PM »
As if by magic......WNW changed their home page.  No new "news" however.

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 12:36:56 PM »
I'm beginning to think that our friends at WnW subscribe to the old saying
"no news is good news". ;) ;D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 01:38:35 PM »
Alright girls! who turned on the Grail Beacon!  Sister Zoot!  Bad Zoot, naughty Zoot!

Offline iwik

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2016, 03:54:00 PM »
A good spanking? And after? ;)
Ciao
Iwik