Author Topic: morane saulnier bb replica roll out 12 april 2016  (Read 2352 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

morane saulnier bb replica roll out 12 april 2016
« on: April 28, 2016, 04:02:18 PM »
bumped into this doing research on another plane.enjoy

http://www.letecke-muzeum-metodeje-vlacha.cz/roll-out-morane-bb/

unfortunately it has a radial engine and no spinner which may be due to cooling needs. i am just speculating of course but why else would they not put the spinner so dominant on the bb?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 04:07:49 PM by ALBATROS1234 »

Offline Borsos

Re: morane saulnier bb replica roll out 12 april 2016
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 04:08:15 PM »
Incredible. I love the BB. Thanks for sharing it!
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 06:26:17 PM »
Oh yes! I want WnW so much to give us a BB ! I remember to having seen a nice video of the build-up of this replica not long ago,  just can't find the link right now..

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 07:10:55 PM »
Oh that is so great, Scott!  What a gorgeous little aeroplane!
Thanks for posting, my friend.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 08:57:21 PM »
Thanks Scott for posting the link, a very attractive aeroplane.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Borsos

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 09:26:32 PM »
Oh yes! I want WnW so much to give us a BB ! I remember to having seen a nice video of the build-up of this replica not long ago,  just can't find the link right now..
I couldn't agree more: a kit would be awesome. If you find the link, could you post it? I do have quite nice plans of the outside but sadly no idea of the interior...
Thank you!
Borsos
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 10:39:36 PM »
Hi, Borsos, good to have you with the BB-fans!! Here's the video: http://earlyaero.com/morane-bb-replica-video/
Maybe there's even more, if you do a google-search with "video letecke morane-saulnier"?!

I just saw that there IS more!
http://www.letecke-muzeum-metodeje-vlacha.cz/exponaty/rozestavena-letadla/morane-saulnier-bb/

And now it's in the lap of the gods and the hands of Sir Peter...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:43:53 PM by rhwinter »

Offline Borsos

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 11:58:27 PM »
AWESOME!!! Exactly what I'm looking for. I always liked the BB but definitely fell in love with her when I saw the OAHC replic

I even wrote them a mail to beg for some interior shots, but I sadly never got an answer. But this one is built almoust in my neighborhood - I'll have to visit Czeck Republik soon again.
You are right, if WNW would release a kit, that's in the hands of Sir Peter. But hmmm... scratch building... now, with these informations... simply awesome :) :) :) :)
You made my day, guys!  :D
Barbusse.
Remarque.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 01:58:11 AM »
Thanks for posting this, Scott.  I've been mulling over kit bashing a couple Morane Saulnier N's to make one of these.  Maybe this will finally motivate me to get that project started.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 12:22:36 PM »
yeah thanks for the build links. been liking the bb for some time.some years back i posted that i was looking for plans and old gregory j came to the rescue with scanned plans he had. i later bought the book he had scanned from and that has been my main ref except for knic knacs here and there. i wonder if bashing 2 type "n" moranes would work...hmmm.i will have to check that out. i do have a vacuform of a bb from a rare company called eastern star but alas its not in the one true scale.