Author Topic: Officer 1st Bavarian Foot Artillery Reg. 1916  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Borsos

Officer 1st Bavarian Foot Artillery Reg. 1916
« on: March 20, 2016, 08:14:44 AM »
Hello,
I needed a break from my scratchbuild project and besides of that I am getting more and more into 1/32 respectively 1/35 scale. One reason is the availability of great kits of airplanes, tanks and figures in this scale, another reason is the great work I am seeing on this forum. I spend some money for some 1/32 kits and 1/35 figures, mainly from Masterbox. They are actually great. When a fellow modeller asked me if we couldn't build a model as a small group built and if we couldn't do something a little different - maybe a big gun - then I joined in and at once remembered the great jobs edo and dave of dubai did on their Takom 21cm mörser. I proposed to do that model. He's going to do it as a WW2 gun, I want to build it as a gun that was used in 1916 by the 1st Bavarian foot artillery regiment at Verdun - where else.
Waiting for the kit to arrive I built and painted an officer that I'll place next to the gun on a small base. It's a Masterbox figure from their WWI tankers set. I just removed the breast pockets of the uniform (which was a late war fashion. Those pockets were added by private tailors and were never part of the official uniform), gave it a shot of Mr surfacer 1000 and painted it. I love this scale  :)

I hope you like it.
Regards
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.