Author Topic: Cole Palen's Fokker Dr.1 markings  (Read 2861 times)

Offline sobrien

Cole Palen's Fokker Dr.1 markings
« on: August 08, 2012, 08:16:52 AM »
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'd like to build a model of the Triplane Cole Palen flew in the 60's and 70's. The red and black one with the cloud&heart and the cloud&pig's behind markings. I can't seem to find any good pictures of the left side pig marking. Any body have any good pictures or drawings of the lest side of this plane?
Thanks,
Sean
Here's a pic of the tripe I'm talking about.

Offline Trackpad

Re: Cole Palen's Fokker Dr.1 markings
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 12:01:34 PM »
I visited back in 1974 and took a number of 35mm colour slides. I'll check to see if I have a shot of the left side. I do recall the "pig's behind" marking, so there may be hope! I'll get back to you ASAP.
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline sobrien

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 11:34:21 PM »
Thanks Gary, I appreciate it.

Sean

Offline JoeDxMB

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 06:17:41 AM »
Here's  pic of the port side  from the ORA site if it wiil help.
http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=122:fokker-dri&Itemid=87 

BTW, I plan on going up to  the Aerodrome on the second weekend in sept (weather permitting either sat or sun) for their annual WWI RC aircraft weekend . It's always a great weekend with the RC aircraft in addition to the regular air shows, etc.. 
I  can take some pics of that  particular DR1  if  you wish.
I assume  it's still in the museum somewhere.  :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:32:56 AM by JoeDxMB »

Offline JoeDxMB

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 06:38:35 AM »
^^^
That is actually  a different DR1 which  is still "in service" . :)

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 07:35:30 AM »
Hi, Sean,

Sorry to say that I haven't found the slides that I thought I had. That was about 38 years ago, so I might have forgotten a few items since then. I'll keep looking, but so far, no joy!  :(
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline sobrien

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 12:26:28 PM »
Thanx for the pics. Rizzo, the pictures you posted are of the Lycoming powered current Dr.1 painted as a tribute to the original. I want to do the LeRhone powered one that Palen built. I did find this one somewhere. It shows the pig but the resolution isn't too great. I was hoping there was a better one out there. Might just have to draw my own.

Sean