Author Topic: Hobby Craft Sopwith Camel  (Read 2523 times)

Offline Suffolk Lad

Hobby Craft Sopwith Camel
« on: February 05, 2016, 09:11:05 PM »
Hello at last  :)

I can't tell you how much I'm pleased to be able to finally post something on this section  :) My first completed WWI 1/32 model which I hope will be the first of several more.

Despite it's difficulties at times I have thoroughly enjoyed this build and gained an immense amount of satisfaction in sharing it with others. As a newcomer I have valued so much all your comments throughout and the encouragement I have gained from that has been enlightening. I have learnt a lot too not least that need to look well ahead and finally this morning, despite being aware of it (though not giving it due consideration  ::) ) the need to use a stretch material for rigging - a colder than usual workshop saw the rigging a tad slack. Anyway, all that's now past so here's looking toward the next.  I'll let the pics do the rest - hope you enjoy them  :)

Well there you have it - I hope I haven't over done things and posted too many pics but I think they cover it mostly. Now, it's time to make a coffee, clear the lighting away and pick that Nieuport up for the GB - Oh it's so great to be retired (with much empathy towards those who have yet to get there ;) )

Regards - Tug

Offline boggie

Re: Hobby Craft Sopwith Camel
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 09:23:28 PM »
Marvellous result Tug. Absolutely outstanding!
I have enjoyed following your build and am very much looking forward to your next.
Bring on your Nieuport! Wonderful choice  :D

Online IanB

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 11:35:01 PM »
Beautiful work, a real gem. Definitely looking forward to your next one.

Ian

Online RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 12:09:39 AM »
Although I watched this one come together from the beginning I am still in AWE! This is quite simply Brilliant work! Construction, problem solving, painting, and rigging, this build had/has it all! Very well done Tug!!
RAGIII ( Richard Andrew Geisler III, AKA Rick)
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 01:50:02 AM »
Bloody hell, Tug - this is OUSTANDING !

These Hobbycraft are by no means perfect - but you have built it perfect.   Your level of detailing is superb and I just really love your painted wood effect around the cockpit as it actually looks like real wood.

What's up next on your bench?

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline Squiffy

• Something up with my banter, chaps?
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 01:52:48 AM »
Excellent! You have proved that it is possible to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 02:30:39 AM »
She's truly stunning, Tug!  I echo all of the previous accolades.  I love the Camel and yours is magnificent.  Now that she's completed, I'm certain that the WNW release is imminent. (Sod's Law)
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 03:06:56 AM »
Tug.....I can only gawk.                             -M
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 03:09:06 AM »
World Class!
Well done, Tug!!

vB   ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 03:56:25 AM »
Superb. I thoroughly enjoyed your build thread.
Ale should be drunk out of a glass. Lager should be drunk out of desperation

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 05:22:02 AM »
Wow...that's all I have to say.  Ok...a couple more things.  THAT WOOD WORK!  Phenomenal.  The sit of the wheels, the rigging, the colors...I could continue.

Really sweet finish, Tug!

Dan

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 05:35:07 AM »
Yes, that's about the best Camel I've seen! To paraphrase that old movie "We don't need no stinkin' Wingnuts!" :D

George

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 06:58:29 AM »
Tug,
   Magnificent Model, and a real pleasure to follow along as you "beat" this difficult Kit into a true winner! A great start to what will surely be a magnificent 1:32 collection, and I look forward to your next effort.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 09:01:56 AM »
Hi Guys  :)

I simply couldn't disappear to bed (early start required  ::) ) without saying a huge 'thank you' to you all for these kind and lovely comments - for them to come from such talented people makes it all the more encouraging. Though at times it appeared it would never end a successful build, I am really pleased with the result and to hear that some of you have gotten something from it too makes it all the more special. I have always tried my best to encourage others who show an interest in our hobby so to be on the receiving end of your thoughts throughout has has made this build extra enjoyable. As said before, overall I've had a great time in making this model but being part of this community whilst doing so has proved to be such a beneficial addition to that modelling pleasure - this truly is a great place to belong to  :)

On that note, I've finally began fettling those Nieuport parts this afternoon so it won't be too long before there is something new to add :D

Kind regards - Tug

Offline NickT

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 09:53:12 AM »
Excellent model.

The work in progress thread has also been great to follow.

Look forward to seeing what you do with the Nieuport.

Nick