Author Topic: The only torpedo boat to have....  (Read 1646 times)

Offline Russell

The only torpedo boat to have....
« on: February 03, 2016, 07:42:28 AM »
For the smart late 19 century gentleman about town / harbour the only boat to have is:

Regards
Russell

PS it's a 1/72nd scale Wiener kit & looked even better in (model) real life at the Telford show a few years ago than it does in the picture. Just right for Fat Otto.

Offline malaula

Re: The only torpedo boat to have....
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 06:01:10 PM »
Well,that's a real nice one though quite pricy...I'm waiting for the release of the CoastalCraft Models Thorneycroft CMB they announced for 2016...

Offline Steven Robson

Re: The only torpedo boat to have....
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 08:22:22 PM »
For the smart late 19 century gentleman about town / harbour the only boat to have is:

Regards
Russell

PS it's a 1/72nd scale Wiener kit & looked even better in (model) real life at the Telford show a few years ago than it does in the picture. Just right for Fat Otto.

Hey Russell

You're entirely right, perfect for Herr Otto :)

It's a most beautiful resin kit.  Otto has this one in his stash and one of Peter's submarines as well.  Love these Wiener Modellbau kits.  I think the Adler would be several months in the build.  When I need some modelling inspiration, I Google photos of Peter's ships to re-charge my batteries.

I don't think the kits are too expensive.  Weiner Modellbau is a small cottage manufacturer, it's a case of you get what you pay for.  In this case it's just some of the most beautiful resin in my collection.  I like supporting the small guys, I've also learned to pounce on their products like a piece of cheese. 

Get your models while the getting is good; I landed the Adler while the Aussie dollar was above parity, never regretted pouncing on this one.

I might take some more pictures of the Wiener kits on my next days off. 
Make Otto your motto for lovely spoked wheels.