Author Topic: WNW Roland C-II OOB  (Read 2325 times)

Online NinetythirdLiberator

WNW Roland C-II OOB
« on: February 01, 2016, 03:43:12 PM »
Hello All,

Finished this guy except I'm not sure what extra cables go on the Lewis...but it's done for all intents and purposes.  ;)

My first WNW and it won't be my last.  These things make anyone look amazing.  I painted it up rather scruffily (a word?) because I wanted to depict it after a long service life...maybe flying along side some C-IIa or at least with brothers having a synchronized forward firing gun.  As I usually build 1/72nd and this is my first 32nd plane in a loooong time (first ever WWI in this scale), I'm amazed, too, how hard they are to photograph!  So don't laugh.  ::)

I posed it with the windows open...all of them...since it makes things easier to see inside.  This is the only thing that was difficult in the kit.  The windows don't fit and while the forward openings have space for one set of hinges and the rear windows have spaces for two hinges, the clear parts are all molded with two hinges per window.  Not sure why.  In any event, I glued them on open which isn't far fetched.  I sure couldn't get them in easily since I waited until the end to install them.

All in all a lovely time, fast build and again, WNW could make my cat look like he can build.  Just breathtaking engineering.  When you consider the skill, time and plastic that goes into these, they are worth every penny.

Now...where to put it?

Thanks for looking and on to the Snipe.

Dan

Offline boggie

Re: WNW Roland C-II OOB
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 03:55:04 PM »
Outstanding result 93rd.
I particularly like your weathering. Your aircraft looks stained from use but does not look dirty!
Very clever painting.
I look forward to your Snipe.
Congrats and cheers
 :)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 05:47:31 PM »
Congratulations Dan on completing this superb looking model, you have done a fantastic job, well done.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 12:37:45 AM »
Dan,
This was an enjoyable build to follow and your end result is Awesome! Lovely painting and subtle weathering.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 03:13:31 AM »
There is nothing to laugh at there Dan - just a superb model all round. The detail that you have put in in terms of painting/finish is incredible. Yiuor work in God's Own Scale is amazing enough - this is in another class again. Brilliant.

Stephen.

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 03:36:08 AM »
Dan,

I cannot find anything to laugh at as it truly looks the part!

Excellent model.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 11:54:30 AM »
Awesome Job Dan  8) Love the weathering you did on this one , very realistic  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Ssasho0

• Scale Models Club Bulgaria
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 07:06:55 PM »
Excellent job, I especially like the way you painted and weathered the fuselage!

Best regards,
Sasho
Think globally, act locally!

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 08:46:01 PM »
Great work. I do like weathering on models as opposed to the showroom look at times.
Ale should be drunk out of a glass. Lager should be drunk out of desperation

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 11:13:02 AM »
 Dan,
She's absolutely beautiful my old friend! Your weathering on this kite is perfect ,just right not heavy and not too light. My congratulations to you for this outstanding project. Well Done Dan.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 11:34:37 AM »
yes indeed, that is awesome Dan, top shelf!

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 02:53:19 AM »
Wow, Dan. Very impressive build. I especially like the way you've given a mottled and weathered look to the colours which would otherwise be plain. Your hard work has paid off big time!
Regards,
Gary

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 04:28:50 AM »
Beautiful finish Dan, the paint work and very subtle weathering are just outstanding. A very striking model you can be very proud of, well done! 8)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 06:03:35 AM »
Dan

I echo everyone's comments. A very well done Roland! I especially like the finish...well used but not neglected.

Mike

Offline xmald

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2016, 04:47:53 AM »
The Walfisch is one of my all time favourites  and you have given her justice  ;)
I really like the paintwork and the weathered look of the plane. When it comes to heavy weathering, I think there is a thin line between realistic and way overdone. You have managed to acheive a great effect!
The only think I don`t like is the prop - in 1/32 it is relatively easy to represent the number of laminations of the original Axial props - yours has too few of them. Apart from that absolutely magnificent work!
Best regards
Filip