Author Topic: Kitbashed (Eduard/Revell) 1/72 scale Fokker D.VI  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Bolman

Kitbashed (Eduard/Revell) 1/72 scale Fokker D.VI
« on: January 20, 2016, 09:12:51 AM »
Hello,
I started this build a few years ago and have been working on it while my priority projects were waiting for drying and to keep myself from being idle during those periods.
Before I was able to obtain an actual kit for a Fokker D.VI, I used what I had available... an extra Eduard Fokker Dr.I and an extra Revell Fokker D.VII.

The Revell kit provided the wings, while the Eduard kit provided the fuselage and landing gear.
After shortening the wings a bit, I was able to produce this:

I've done a little touching up since the pics and have corrected the missing white corner on the decal. Just havent taken new pics yet.

During the two years of this ongoing project, I lost the rudder and had to scratch a replacement.  I'm happy with the overall results and glad to have finally completed this one.

Thanks for looking!

John
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:14:48 PM by Bolman »

Offline RAGIII

Re: Kitbashed (Eduard/Revell) 1/72 scale Fokker D.VI
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 11:09:01 AM »
Very nice kitbash John! I like the results. I did something similar about 40 years ago using an Aurora DR1 and DVII  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 11:10:26 AM »
Very nice build Jon . A subject we don't see much of , so this is a nice treat to have .  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline xmald

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 07:40:11 PM »
What an interesting camo! Do you have any pics of the actual plane? If so can you share them? One of the most interesting German paint schemes I`ve ever seen!
The model is really nice, but merely two pics are definitely too little to give it a justice  ;)
Best regards
Filip

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 02:17:47 AM »
Hello, John -

What a clever little conversion project - looks great.  Unuasual colour marking scheme too.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 03:35:00 AM »
I also converted a Revell DR1 and a Fokker D VII into a D VI many years ago from ann article in Airfix Magazine. Yours is an excellent conversion with a great finish. I am also interested in the colour scheme - very different to the one that I found in Munson's Fighters
Very well done.

Offline Bolman

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 04:02:57 AM »
Thank you all for your kind remarks.

As for the camo, would you believe it is entirely fictional?

Since I build my planes for use as game pieces, I decided to take advantage of the fact that in game, I am the pilot.. and as the pilot, what would I want for my personal paint scheme if I were to fly for the CP?  This is what I came up with for my personal planes.  My intention was to make it believable enough to be accepted as something that could have been flown on a prototype plane. 

Thanks again for your comments!

John

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 04:46:13 AM »
Sweet little D.VI, John!  I love it.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Bolman

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 03:44:23 AM »
Thanks Bud,  much appreciated!

John