Author Topic: Hasegawa 1/16 Sopwith Camel  (Read 1110 times)

Offline jeff shreve

Hasegawa 1/16 Sopwith Camel
« on: December 12, 2015, 12:45:14 PM »
This kit is now available again.  Looks like a nice kit but I'm no expert so can't say how accurate it is. Does a uncovered airframe so needs p;enty of woodgrain painting. To me it looks like the seat sits way too low in th cockpit. Also will need some turnbuckles for the rigging and fuselage bracing. My kit was $135 US including shipping from HobbyLink Japan

http://www.hasegawausa.com/product-pages/hsgs0031.html

http://web.ipmsusa3.org/content/sopwith-camel-f1

Offline Pgtaylorart

Re: Hasegawa 1/16 Sopwith Camel
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 01:44:55 PM »
The seat looks to be in the right place to me according to the plans I've seen. It's supposed to be a pretty nice kit, but I agree, it would need a lot of woodgrain painting to bring it away from looking like plastic.

George

Offline miecio52

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 04:23:48 PM »
Had , sold, model very poor and on this scale, and plenty of circular traces of injection. :(
Regards
 Mietek
 IPMS Poland / Silesia

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 04:43:05 PM »
Had , sold, model very poor and on this scale, and plenty of circular traces of injection. :(

Good to know, miecio52.

I'm waiting for the Wingnuts version anyway. 1/16 is not my scale.

George

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 12:10:43 AM »
   I saw this Kit built up at a Show last year, very impressive but as Jeff points out it needs a lot of woodgrain effect added. Without that (as in the one I saw) it looks exactly as described, like a lot of plastic! I'd be tempted by it, however, as it has endless  potential as a super detail project IMHO.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 08:20:39 AM »

Quite true, all individual ribs have ejector pin marks - I have this kit and it will take a LOT of work.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 07:19:17 AM »
fuel tank behind the seat looks to be the wrong shape. can be fixed though. i have thought about this kit and thought i might considered doing it partially(or completely?) covered using tissue like early renwal or entex kits. you use liquid cement to stick it directly to the wood colored plastic. i considered the realism of skinning it like this and it entices me.afterward paint as one would a stick and tissue kit. to me the imperfections that would undoubtbly show would add a realism unobtainable from a solid wing/fuselage.jmho

Offline Fokkered Nuts

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 03:56:54 PM »
I missed this one last time... I have seen some nice builds of it though