Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 4599 times)

Offline Epeeman

Hello everyone
« on: April 19, 2012, 07:46:06 AM »
All,

A brief introduction to me:

I'm 48 years old, married with two boys (15 & 12) and live in Gravesend, Kent.   Outside of home, work and family my three things in life are 1.  Sport - fencing; 2. Hobby - model making - now focused mainly on WW1 aircraft (with the odd model figure from time to time) after many years having a go at different subjects - I particularly like single seat fighters/scouts in my favorite scale of 32nd and 72nd scale; 3. Interest - ancient Rome.

If nobody has any objection, I have kept the same forum name of 'Epeeman' (in honour of my fencing using the epee) that I use elsewhere - just so much easier not having to remember different names!

All my models are (mainly) OOB and are hand painted as I work from kitchen table so do not have the facility to spray.   Hopefully I will be able to share experiences with everybody else and gain some additional knowledge and new techniques along the way.

Dave ('Epeeman')
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 07:51:47 AM »
Hello Dave and welcome to the forum, it is a pleasure to have you here. Most of the guys are using their same user name, that is not a problem at all, hey, I'm still Des.  :)

Looking forward to seeing your work posted here soon.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 07:53:23 AM »
Hello Dave,

looks like a wealth of knowledge and talent is collecting on this forum which is great for a novice like myself! I can sympathise with the kitchen table scenario....

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 11:54:05 PM »
Hi Dave;

Great to see you mate.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline RAGIII