Author Topic: Roden 1/32 Nieuport 24bis Aftermarket sets?  (Read 1640 times)

Michael Scarborough

Roden 1/32 Nieuport 24bis Aftermarket sets?
« on: November 20, 2015, 04:20:45 AM »
Bonjour mes ami,

I have a Roden Nieuport 24 that I am considering for the group build. I have tried googling for info on after market sets but have come up slim, so far. I also went to the Taurus website but found no mention of a 1/32 Le Rhone....although I must admit to finding that website a bit of a challenge so may have missed it.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Michael

Offline jknaus

Re: Roden 1/32 Nieuport 24bis Aftermarket sets?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 04:27:10 AM »
Vector makes a lerhone. Not sure if its the right one though.

http://www.ultracast.ca/products/Vector/Engines/32-Scale/32-003/

Not sure what else is out there.
James

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 04:32:56 AM »
This is the correct engine for the 24/27 range.  I have a Nieuport 27 that I'm hoping to build for the French GB so I'll probably get the Le Rhone.  Other than that, I don't think there's much else out there for the N. 24.

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 07:04:42 AM »
There ia a etch set for the Ni-28 from Part of Poland. I am not all that well informed about the differances between the Nieuport versions, but some or maybe most parts can be usefull?

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 07:55:13 AM »
  Michael,
As far as I'm aware there is no Aftermarket set for the Ni 24 bis. I'll gladly check around though,as I have the same kit and may attempt it.
Are you panning on joining the new GB? There are several sets available for the Ni 17 that maybe of use for your 24. Lone Star Models has an interior set and also offer a set of wheels and a new cowl. Master Caster's also offer an interior set and a cowl as well. If you check your Datafiles for the 24 and the 28 you may be able to use the excellent cowl from Richard at Aviattic.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 09:09:56 AM »
Many thanks, gentlemen...this is all useful and appreciated info. I'm sure I can cobble together an interior from the various sets mentioned.

I have indeed been looking through the Datafiles and find myself pulled to Nungesser's Nieuport 25. It doesn't seem as if it would be too hard a modification from the Roden kit. I'm just wondering about the Clerget engine. I see that WnW offers a Clerget engine separately but is it the right one? If it is not the right one, considering what little shows with the cowling in place, could it be made to appear to be the right one?

Yes, mon vieux ami, Gregory, I do believe I shall join in the fun......

Cheers from NYC,
Michael

Offline jeff shreve

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 12:05:06 PM »
I think Master Caster makes a seat they list for a Nieuport 24 as well as the detail set for the 17.