Author Topic: Hello From Texas  (Read 5203 times)

Offline James

Hello From Texas
« on: April 19, 2012, 06:57:59 AM »
Hi everyone, James from San Antonio, Texas here. Never built a World War I model before so I'm gonna read everything all of you write and take in everything. My wife wants to build a 1/32 Albratros and I want to build the Wingnut Gotha G.IV. I think I will probably start with a Wingnut Junkers J.1. Been a WW II aviation nut all my life, and a Korean War aviation nut for about 10 years now and just got into World War I aviation about three years ago. Main interests are the French Air Service, Belgian Air Service, the airwar over the Western Front in 1915 & 1916, and Strategic and Tactical bombardment in the First World War.

James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Hello From Texas
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 07:55:24 AM »
Hello James and welcome to my new forum, it is so nice to have you here. There are a lot of very talented modelers here already and they are all willing to share their knowledge with fellow modelers, we are all here to learn. I'm looking forward to seeing build photos of your first steps into WWi aircraft modeling.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 07:59:10 AM »
Hi James - your a lucky chap to have your wife involved as well ;)

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline James

Hello From Texas
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 08:10:57 AM »
Thanks all. I haven't built a model in close to 20 years and my wife wants to do a little building with me. We are hoping to start a 1/48 Ki-27 Nate pretty soon.

James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline ta152c

• My threads are doing iron man numbers
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 10:06:23 PM »
Welcome aboard :)
"I hope he burned all the way down" - Mannock on hearing of the death of Manfred Von Richthofen, 1918.

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 10:21:17 PM »
Welcome to the 'Dark Side' of wood, canvas and rigging, we'll all help if we can and don't forget the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 10:51:07 PM »
Hello James. Good to see you here and that you are going to jump into WWI modeling with us. Also, please post those good WWI aviation reads you enjoy.  :)

Paddy
In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 02:28:57 AM »
   James,
Welcome aboard my friend. It's always a good day when another Texan joins in. Excellent choice for a first step into WWI aircraft modeling too.It realy does help to start in with the simply rigged kite first then move up to the more complexly rigged kites step by step. Before you know it you'll be rigging that Gotha. This is one very talented group of modeler who will gladly help you along. Looking forward to your first progress with the Junkers.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 03:15:41 PM »
Hi James
                The J1 would be a great 1/32 choice. Single wing, no rigging - and biiiiig

Steve

Offline Galloway

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 04:28:56 AM »
Welcome aboard James.....

Ken
"Slàinte mhòr agad!"