Author Topic: Voisin 1/72 Flashback  (Read 9086 times)

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

Voisin 1/72 Flashback
« on: November 10, 2015, 03:52:40 AM »
All,

Here is one of my next victims.  I was going to make one from scratch to go along with my Fe2b and AEG as a representative bomber/early plane but I found this partially started kit for sale at my LHS.  Couldn't resist!  The kit is complete and the former owner removed all the surface detail on the flying surfaces which saves me some work for my new embossed skins.  ;)

I'm also going to solder brass tail booms as the kit parts are photo etch and I think things would look a little strange all flat...

Thanks for looking,

Dan

WarrenD

Re: Voisin 1/72 Flashback
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 06:04:43 AM »
Dan, I've had this kit on the Shelf of Doom for a few years, hoping to work up the skills to tackle it. I'm going to follow this closely to study and learn! 

What escadrille are you going to choose?

Warren

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 06:42:26 AM »
Very nice Dan, I will be following along closely, wise choice to replace the PE tail booms with brass.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Squiffy

• Something up with my banter, chaps?
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 07:00:47 AM »
That looks interesting. Mind if I pull up a chair and watch?  :)

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 07:17:16 AM »
Thanks, Folks...

It looks like a nice kit and I never knew it even existed!  I'll make mine the Italian version in the box.  I think that will be nice and colorful.

More soon and thanks for looking...Dan

Offline Thumbs up

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 07:29:51 AM »
I have this kit so i'll pull a seat up to.

Offline Malteser

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 09:08:41 AM »
I really like the very early planes, I'm looking forward to following this  :)

Suzanne

WarrenD

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 10:44:08 AM »
Thanks, Folks...

It looks like a nice kit and I never knew it even existed!  I'll make mine the Italian version in the box.  I think that will be nice and colorful.

More soon and thanks for looking...Dan

Since Eduard is in the middle of their "1/72nd Scale Revolution", and in no small part thanks to Vladimir Sulc I am sure (thank you sir!), and since they're reissued their Junkers kit, maybe we have a chance at seeing this reissued along with their Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter kits which I think are better than the Toko/Eastern Express kits. OTOH, my spidey-sense tells me that since these were early efforts, they may have been made with the old molds which don't hold up like the ones they've been using the last 10-15 years.

Hope springs eternal though.

Meanwhile . . . back on the farm . . . I used to have some build notes from someone regarding this kit, it's faults, etc. I'll try to dig through my files, etc.

Warren

PS: I've thought to sell mine, but just can't bear to part with it since I figure no one else will ever kit it again.

Offline IanB

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 11:19:09 AM »
Popcorn at the ready and looking forward to some tips! I have both this and the 1 1/2 Strutter in my stash......

Ian

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 02:22:43 PM »
cool kit, i want to get one just because it the only voisin 3 injection molded kit.theres a few resin and vacform versions though. anyway will be checking in as well to see how the kit parts look. dont like the photoetch booms idea either dont blame you. lastly those appear to be french markings on the bix cover not italian. does the kit have italian version decals as well?

WarrenD

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 02:11:04 AM »
lastly those appear to be french markings on the bix cover not italian. does the kit have italian version decals as well?

Yes.

Warren

Online RAGIII

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 02:28:46 AM »
I too am looking forward to your build!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2015, 03:04:32 PM »
Thanks, everyone.  Seems like lots of folks want to see this one built so here we go!

So far, everything is going well if you are patient.  Especially with the photoetch. It all fits, though, so someone planned this very well!  Parts placement for some things is little vague so I think I might need to add/subtract/move things around a bit...especially on the bottom.  The interior will have a few bits added as it's very visible in the finished model, but the parts were just painted "as is" (so far) and look nice.

Here is the tub together with a bit of filler and lots of little bits added.  It's delicate which means I should put the wheels on soon to elevate the whole thing off the ground!  ;)

All in all, a good start on what I hope will continue to be a really fun kit!

Thanks for looking,

Dan

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2015, 05:04:11 PM »
Fantastic start Dan!
I look forward to see the Italian colours shining on your model!

;-)

AnDonio

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2015, 05:33:21 PM »
You have moved ahead quite quickly Dan and what you have done so far looks great, looking forward to following along with this build.

Des,
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com