Author Topic: Show us your - Sopwith Camel  (Read 27460 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Show us your - Sopwith Camel
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2014, 03:32:11 AM »
Thank you, Patrick!  I'm glad you enjoyed the build log.  It was a fun project.  If WNW produces a Comic, I will definitely buy it.
Cheers,
Bud

Well late to the party again, nice work Bud, like always ! And I do think WNW will come thru for you in the future

Amigo #3
From your lips to Saint Peter's ears, Amigo!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2014, 03:34:05 AM »
Hello, Bud -

Missed this one while I was away - another brilliant job from the master of 1/48th scale!

Regards

Dave
Thanks, Dave!  You make me blush.  You're kindness and generousity are surpassed only by your brilliance in modeling.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline macsporran

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2014, 10:40:19 PM »
Camels part one.
Some more 1/48 old-timers. Apologies if they've been seen elsewhere before.
Mostly Blue Max, with a bit of Aurora/Merit/Smer here and there.
These were built before the advent of the Eduard Camels so no easy decal options, mostly hand painted.
(I used to be a real masochist - the old Aurora Gotha drove me cross-eyed hand-painting night lozenge!)
Sandy

Offline macsporran

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2014, 10:45:57 PM »
Camels part two
... and another couple of Tommy's finest.
The Trondheim 2F1 came out well but the Ruston-Proctor was a disaster. I hand painted all the markings and then used a "permanent" marker pen for the black lines. Only when I applied the final varnish coat did I learn that "permanent" meant something different to Staedler than it did to me. Please forgive the blurry lines :(
Sandy

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2014, 12:14:14 AM »
   They might be old, Mac, but they are a very pretty collection. Nicely done markings, hand painting isn't easy and has become largely a lost art. Thanks for posting and sharing these little gems, a real pleasure to view them!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline dtomko

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2014, 12:58:15 AM »
Wow!  Beautiful!

Drew

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2014, 01:30:42 AM »
I remember all of these beauties from the List, Sandy, and all are as gorgeous and inspiring as I remember.  It was your Comic that created within me an obsession for the type.  Your Black Mike and Trondheim kites sent me to ebay in search of those markings in the newer Eduard kits.  What you did with those older kits is truly remarkable.  Thank you for posting them here, mate.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2014, 09:18:20 AM »
I remember all of these beauties from the List, Sandy, and all are as gorgeous and inspiring as I remember.  It was your Comic that created within me an obsession for the type.  Your Black Mike and Trondheim kites sent me to ebay in search of those markings in the newer Eduard kits.  What you did with those older kits is truly remarkable.  Thank you for posting them here, mate.
Cheers,
Bud

Another kudo to add to my Amigo's comments

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2014, 09:57:58 AM »
Cheers,
Bud

Another kudo to add to my Amigo's comments

Ed

And the third Amigo chimes in...and of course agrees! I also remember these from the list! Beautiful work! Nice that you have brought them here!
RAGIII/AKA Rick Geisler
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2014, 11:37:45 PM »
Which kit is that Camel of yours Bud? It looks superb and if WnW doesn't come through soon, I may just have to build one in 1/48 scale.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2014, 02:15:30 AM »
Thanks, Chris!  It's the Blue Max conversion kit for the Eduard Camel.  They're pretty much sold out (even Freightdog is out of 'em), but Hannant's still has 3.
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BM001C
It's a nice kit and a fun build.  You'll want to replace the kit guns with a pair from Gaspatch.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Squiffy

• Something up with my banter, chaps?
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2014, 07:06:40 AM »
There are some really nice examples of my favourite kite in this topic!

Here are my contributions:

51 Squadron F1/3 Comic (Roden)

B7380 Ruston-Proctor 1000th Camel (Revell)

B6299 of Lt. Norman McGregor, Naval 11. (Revell)

B7270 of Capt. Roy Brown, 209 Sqn. RAF. (Revell)

I haven't finished building Camels. You can never have too many Camels!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2015, 10:08:49 AM »
Really great Camels! Love them all!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2015, 10:14:36 AM »
Really great Camels! Love them all!
RAGIII
I agree with my amigo!  Squiffy and Alain, you both have wonderful collections.  I'm envious.  I need to build a few more.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2015, 09:44:50 PM »
Aren't we seeing some lovely work on Camels in this thread? Once I've got the WNW SE5a that I've just started out of the way, I'll have return to the part-done Eduard Camel.

Best wishes
Nigel