Author Topic: Is there a 1/48 Fokker E IV out there?  (Read 2519 times)

Offline iwik

Is there a 1/48 Fokker E IV out there?
« on: October 21, 2015, 12:22:34 AM »
Hi y'all!
The question is in the title!
Ciao
IWik

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Is there a 1/48 Fokker E IV out there?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 01:37:39 AM »
Mike West of Lone Star Models used to make a resin kit.  It's no longer listed on his website, but if you send him an email and ask him, he might make one for you.
http://www.lonestarmodels.com/
Good luck.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 03:09:15 PM »
i know its not exactly the same but there is a 1/48 pfalz e.iv by amg/adler they both have the double row rotary and are similar to look at. the kit is typical short run with fair plastic decent photo etch and white metal parts. i have the pfalz e.v with the inline mercedes d.1 engine but that kit shares common parts and pe fret with the e.iv.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AMGA48202

Offline davecww1

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 07:13:32 AM »
I built the Lonestar kit years ago (it was a vacuform back in the 1990's) and used parts from Eduard's original E.III kit to detail it, I'm sure that you could get one of the new tool Eduard E.III kits to use with the Lonestar resin parts to make a finely detailed kit. If I recall the Lonestar kit was pretty basic with not much interior detail and Contrail strut material to make the pylon that holds the control cables for the wing warping.  The Eduard piece is much better with the pulleys. Same is true for the landing gear and tail skid.
Dave

Offline iwik

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 06:59:24 PM »
Hi y'all!
Well, for what I inteded to turn it into I guess I'll pass. I wanted it to represent it as is shown on the WNW archive photo page. The one that is dissaembled lying next to a hangar...
Ciao
Iwik

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 12:36:47 PM »
Hey Iwik , let check my stash . I just still might have a vac kit of this . If I do it's yours .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .