Author Topic: DFW C.V Late (Wingnut Wings, 1/32) - Burzynski, Anders  (Read 11225 times)

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
DFW C.V Late (Wingnut Wings, 1/32) - Burzynski, Anders
« on: October 20, 2015, 07:51:02 AM »
My new project will be a tribute to the great Polish general - Władysław Anders. He became famous in the years 1942-1945, when he led out of the Soviet Union a Polish army made of the men, who were enslaved and sent into the Red Communist Empire after Soviets attacked Poland on Sept. 17th 1939 aiding Hitler to break Polish resistance in the first days of WW2. The army was in fact a band of famished and sick people fleeing the Soviet "paradise" under the Polish-Soviet treaty. Russia was forced to allow it under the threat of stopping the Allied help during the hard time they had then, when attacked by their former ally - Germany.
It took some time before those people, lucky to escape the overwhelming Russian opression, were fed, healed and made able to form the real army. But when they did, they and their commander - Anders, won the eternal fame as the force, which finally broke the German fortification lines in Italy and capturing in May 1944 the cloister at Monte Cassino and some neighbouring hills opened the way to Rome for the Allies.
But before Anders became a general he served as a sub-colonel and observer on the front of war between Poland and Russia in 1919-1920, when new-born Poland had to fight for the borders both in the west and in the east. Anders is known to fly in the east front at least one mission in the observer cockpit, together with Sgt. Kazimierz Burzyński in the pilot cockpit, of the single DFW C.V among several LVG C.Vs forming 1 Squadron of Great Poland (Eskadra Wielkopolska).

In this lucky instance there are more photos of this particular aircraft, like this one

I am going to build and slightly modify the quite well known WNW kit

and surely you know where to find good inbox shots - undoubtedly better than any ones I could possibly take.

The markings for this particular airframe were ordered at Melius Manu - a small but very reliable and growing Polish company who produce custom ordered decals and masks for different types of modelling. After a busy exchange of emails, opinions and photos they came out with such a marvelous decal sheet

I am also using HGW textile belts (there is a dedicated set for DFW C.V, though the contents do not differ at all from the ones I have recently used for my HB W.12) and PE details for spoked wheels from Part set dedicated for Roden Albatros D.III.

The work on this model has been on for almost two weeks now. After cutting the parts from the sprues, removing some push-pin marks and flash, airbrushing, brushing tiny details, decalling and some wash the interior bits are almost ready for the assembly. The only added bits are: copper wire aerial (not yet trimmed and attached to the tube), fuel selector switch (just visible on the top-left of the instrument panel) and there are still some control lines to be attached to the stick and the bar as well as the MG trigger line.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 10:50:34 PM by PrzemoL »
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: DFW C.V Late (Wingnut Wings, 1/32) - Burzynski, Anders
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 08:17:32 AM »
You have made an excellent start Przemol, the interior work so far looks superb and the decals are brilliant, looking forward to seeing more updates on this build.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 09:43:51 AM »
Great start Prze, will follow closely (as I do all your builds)

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 09:48:29 AM »
This looks like being another beauty from you Przemol. I look forward to the next update.

Best wishes
Nigel

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 10:20:39 AM »
Man, as we say in the South, you sure don't let any grass grow under your feet between builds, Prze! And it's not like you're cranking them out assembly line style with no attention to detail.  Please tell the rest of us what sort of vitamins you are taking??

You remain my hero and I am looking forward to following this build.

Cheers from NYC,
Michael

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 10:25:58 AM »
As everyone has said, another great start, Prze! I always enjoy your builds very much!

"...as we say in the South.." - Michael, look at a map dude. Since when is NY south of the Mason Dixon?

George

Offline FarEast

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 11:46:35 AM »
This is a fantastic build, great work so far! fantastic!!!!, I may contact the same polish company regarding custom decals!

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 12:00:20 PM »
So glad to see you starting this one, Przemo!  Stellar work on the interior, as usual!  Once I finish up the W.12, I'll get started on mine.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 01:12:49 PM »
Przemo,
Another Brilliant build started! Your interior is AWESOME as usual!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 11:57:15 PM »
Prze,

Quote from Rick: "Another Brilliant build started! Your interior is AWESOME as usual!"

My exact thoughts as well, really looking forward to following along on another of your superb Builds. :)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Ssasho0

• Scale Models Club Bulgaria
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 12:07:29 AM »
another superb build on its way I see :) Gonna follow you closely!
Think globally, act locally!

Offline radio

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 01:52:36 AM »
Exellent start! ;D
Cheers
Martin

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 04:23:07 AM »
Thank you, everybody. Your welcome to my new build is both inspiring and demanding. I will do my best to build it as well as I can.

Two hours or so this evening allowed me to complete the cockpit. All those packed control lines scared me a little but then it proved to be quite easy task. Including the MG trigger release cable - I led it as per a photo from WD, wher it sinks in a hole just under the clock on the instrument panel.

Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 04:42:35 AM »
Absolutely flawless, Przemo!  Truly spectacular interior work, my friend.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Oeli

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 04:49:54 AM »
Hi Przemo,

it`s looking great!
your post is subscribed!  ;)
Looking forward the next steps

Greetings from just around the corner, Berlin.  ;)

Jörg
Normality is a beautiful paved road, but it grow no flowers on her.