Author Topic: Show us your........ Sopwith Pup  (Read 17620 times)

Offline Carpo

• A gallery of my Models
Show us your........ Sopwith Pup
« on: July 22, 2012, 11:20:18 AM »
I have been looking at some builds lately and thought that a thread featuring specific aircraft would be of use to people contemplating a particular model. Feel free to post your Sopwith Pup picture here or start another  "Show us your...." thread!
I'd like to start this one off with my Eduard 1/48 sopwith pup. (This was the reboxed Flashback version)
Decals are my own artwork printed on an ALPS printer by Pete's Hangar here in Australia.
Carpo

EDIT: There are some photos of the build here: Sopwith Pup - Flashback 1/48
And some more pics of it on my website.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 05:29:21 PM by Carpo »
The air force will always need technicians because pilots need heroes too.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Show us your........ Sopwith Pup
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 04:13:32 PM »
I remember this little beauty from our days on the 'drome, Paul.  This has always been one of my favorite Pup models of all time.  Could you please post a few more photos?

Here are my Pups, Mono and Le Rhone.  Both new 1/48 Aeroclub releases.  Really nice injected kits based on the old Aeroclub vac.
Build links:
http://www.greatwaraviation.com/forum/index.php/topic,2626.msg30682.html#msg30682
http://www.greatwaraviation.com/forum/index.php/topic,897.0.html

Cheers,
Bud
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:01:03 AM by coyotemagic »
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 04:31:08 PM »
Here's my "Pup", it's a 1:32 scale Wingnuts kit.

Build link  http://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com/page13.html

Des.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 10:26:48 AM by Des »
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Carpo

• A gallery of my Models
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 05:27:36 PM »
Hey Bud,
These are just great - I particularly like the red on Betty.

As you say, my pup appeared on the 'drome. I have added a link to the build article which I think this thread would be great for - add a link to your own builds to make "Show us your...." threads all the more useful!

I know you have a build Des - in fact, here it is: http://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com/page13.html

Carpo
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 05:34:35 PM by Carpo »
The air force will always need technicians because pilots need heroes too.

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 08:32:42 PM »
I'm glad you posted this one  Bud!

I must get round to finishing the three I have on the stocks - the Eduard 48th one I started in 2008.... (and which led to the start of Pheon!) and the WNW one with the Mono cowl and engine and an Aeroclub one in 48th.

Carpo, any chance you could email me what photos you have of the Dragon Pup? ([email protected]) - I feel this one should be available in 32nd scale decal form - along with Brad's favourite with the family of Kookaburras and a few others... I feel a second volume of Trainers and Pets coming on!

Rowan
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Online IanB

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 01:43:29 AM »
I've just recently posted my Airfix 1:72 Pup, so I went out and took a couple of new pics just for this thread! Vickers and wheels from Aeroclub, control horns are PART, the rest is the kit (plus a few modifications/improvements!)

Ian

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 06:49:21 AM »
  Wow each and every one is magnificent,highest cudo's to all.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 07:07:02 AM »
I'm glad you posted this one  Bud!

I must get round to finishing the three I have on the stocks - the Eduard 48th one I started in 2008.... (and which led to the start of Pheon!) and the WNW one with the Mono cowl and engine and an Aeroclub one in 48th.

Carpo, any chance you could email me what photos you have of the Dragon Pup? ([email protected]) - I feel this one should be available in 32nd scale decal form - along with Brad's favourite with the family of Kookaburras and a few others... I feel a second volume of Trainers and Pets coming on!

Rowan
Hey Bud,
These are just great - I particularly like the red on Betty.

As you say, my pup appeared on the 'drome. I have added a link to the build article which I think this thread would be great for - add a link to your own builds to make "Show us your...." threads all the more useful!

I know you have a build Des - in fact, here it is: http://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com/page13.html

Carpo
Thanks, Paul and Rowan.  Yes, Rowan.  You need to finish the Pup that led to the creation of Pheon.  She was so close to being finished when I last saw her and she's such a beauty.
Your Pup is Brilliant, Des.  I've often dropped in on your site to take a peek at her.  Gorgeous.
Very nice work in the micro scale, Ian.  Outstanding rigging.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 12:20:04 PM »
Here's mine, Naval Version. A.W. "Nick" Carter's Baby Mine of 3 Naval Sqn in 1917. Still my favorite WNW Kit!

And a shot of the innards during construction.............

Cheers!
Lance
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:39:59 PM by lcarroll »

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 12:35:15 PM »
Gorgeous Pup, Lance.  Love those 3 Naval Sdn kites.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 03:47:49 AM »
Here's my WNW RFC Pup - my first serious WW1 build.  Not my best to date but I'd happily build another, given time...

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 09:00:45 AM »
Here's my first ever biplane kit, the WnW Pup, finished in June 2011. She's pretty rough but after 30+ years of building AFVs, I was pretty happy that I managed to rig and finish it.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 09:02:30 AM »
Beautiful Pups, Ian and Chris.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 12:28:36 PM »
Beautiful Pups, Ian and Chris.
Cheers,
Bud

Very nice Guys, this Thread is certainly bringing some real "winners" to the "lights"
Cheers,
Lance

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 05:12:23 AM »
Mine is from Airfix, 72nd scale. The biggest issue was levelling of the trenches imitating the tightened linen on the ribs. I used MagicSculp to this end. I have also added some interior. The decals are from Rowan - his first set.

Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.