Author Topic: Pensuti Triplanino 1917, in 1/72  (Read 2033 times)

Offline ermeio

Pensuti Triplanino 1917, in 1/72
« on: August 31, 2015, 07:03:56 AM »
Here is the other Pensuti in the one True Scale, awaiting completion in  a plastic box since at least sixteen years...
It also passed through the hands of many friends that promised to complete it, but to no point and went back to me.
Last time I was dismayed by the paint: it peeled off the plastic like a glove and I had to wash the whole color off - the top wing and the ailerons went loose while I was scrubbing it and it all remained in that state.

The Academy Camel gives an idea of the size of this tiny model

Thanks for your attention
I hope to complete it in the next months, but this hope is hanging form a long time now.

er me

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Pensuti Triplanino 1917, in 1/72
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 08:49:28 AM »
A most unusual subject but you have done a great job so far, the very wide undercarriage grabs my attention immediately and the very short wing span, but reading up on this aeroplane it did fly and flew quite well.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 10:27:18 AM »
 Ermeio,
I absolutely love it my old friend. I'm most impressed with her fuselage, looks perfect covered in paper. Maybe sort of Old School but it sure looks the part of a 1917 era aircraft. I hope to see this amazing gem finished some day. By the way in case I haven't said before,you my old friend are one talented modeler with the highest levels of skill and craftsmanship.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 04:27:46 PM »
i think i saw plans for this plane in "WW1 Aero" right. some guy did plans for it. i gotta look thru my issues. neat subject for a build.

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 07:49:31 PM »
Wonderful work in such a small scale, Ermeio!
Beautiful work, my friend. :D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline ermeio

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 09:28:42 PM »
i think i saw plans for this plane in "WW1 Aero" right. some guy did plans for it. i gotta look thru my issues. neat subject for a build.

Yes, I used those plans by the late Carlo Godel. These drawings are still around on the net. Be advised, though, that they have inaccuracies in the number and the position of the ribs. I felt victim of those inaccuracies, but corrected them in a subsequent model.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 10:33:33 PM »
Ermeio,
I absolutely love it my old friend. I'm most impressed with her fuselage, looks perfect covered in paper. Maybe sort of Old School but it sure looks the part of a 1917 era aircraft. I hope to see this amazing gem finished some day. By the way in case I haven't said before,you my old friend are one talented modeler with the highest levels of skill and craftsmanship.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

I can't say it any better than Gregory did so Ditto on my part!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline IanB

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 10:48:57 PM »
Please do finish it, it's gorgeous!

Ian