Author Topic: 'Papa' Reuschke 1:32  (Read 3732 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: 'Papa' Reuschke 1:32
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 01:07:15 PM »
Extraordinary work, James!  You should cast this fellow in resin for sale to those of us who lack the skills for such things.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline FarEast

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 02:26:08 PM »
Extraordinary work, James!  You should cast this fellow in resin for sale to those of us who lack the skills for such things.
Cheers,
Bud

Thank you for such high praise - I'm not sure what the legalities would be of that though as the figure has a foundation of somebody else work. I'm actually very tempted to try and sculpt my own figure from scratch as I think I could manage the body and posture - however its the face that I think will be the hardest part.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 09:47:11 AM »
Your figure is looking superb James, the changes you have made from the original figure are amazing, well done.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline FarEast

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 10:31:58 AM »
So tonight I will make the lapels and lay down the base colours. To see how he looks and if any alterations need to be applied before really going to town with the oils.

The face painting will be stripped and done again as I'm really not happy with it and my techniques has really improved since I started on this figure. I will also post a new thread on one of the Tommy's War miniatures I've been working on.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 02:53:05 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the next step in your figure painting.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2015, 12:37:06 AM »
Extraordinary work, James, and a fascinating project, more then I'd attempt for certain! You seem to be sailing along as though you'd done figures for years, a real tribute to your skills! 8)
Cheers,
Lance