Fokker D.VII F (BMWIIIa engine)
AMC DH.9
Rumpler C.IV (Late)
Salmson 2-A2 / Otsu 1
DFW C.V (Mid Production)
Roland C.IIa (Late)
DFW C.V (Late Production)
Salmson 2-A2 'USAS'

Author Topic: 40th Birthday Gift Poll  (Read 2911 times)

Offline FarEast

40th Birthday Gift Poll
« on: August 27, 2015, 01:52:46 PM »
So my wife bought me the Goth with all the trimmings for my 40th birthday present but my kids also want to get me a Wingnut Wings kit as they know how much I love them so we need your help choosing!

Sadly the AEG G.IV and Felixstowe aren't on the list as I would have absolutely nowhere to display them once built (yes I'm fully aware that the Goth has a bigger wingspan than the AEG but she didn't know that at the time.....gives me some room to maneuver later on ;) )

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Poll
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 08:48:30 PM »
We haven't seen too many Rumplers here, a beautiful plane deserving the Machin treatment imo....

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 09:08:10 PM »
Well, I've gone for Salmson and, failing that, would have gone for a DH9. The skies above the forum trenches are far too full of German imperial air force thingies lauding it about unchallenged!

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 10:01:41 PM »
Well, I went for the Junkers, an ugly beast but a great model to build.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 10:17:13 PM »
So far it looks like you're going to spend your modeling time on lots of rigging! :D

It's interesting to see which planes are not popular, like the two DH.9s. I wonder if this small sample size of under 25 votes is reflective of Wingnuts sales.

George

Offline FarEast

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 10:10:10 AM »
Looks like it especially as my next build is going to be the Early FE.2b.

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 12:29:44 PM »
You seem to have a good eye for doing interesting things with PC-10. But you're doing a Fee next......maybe time for something with crosses on it.

How 'bout the Hannover? If you jump in perhaps Bertl will get going with his. Seeing the different approaches would be interesting and certainly informative for those of us who are less experienced in the WWI Aero world.

Cheers from NYC,
Michael

PS BTW, I must say I love the level of humanity you're bringing to our little group here. It balances well with the automatons.
PPS Also interested in your choice of Fareast as a moniker....I grew up in Japan listening to the Far East Network on the radio.

Offline FarEast

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 01:08:25 PM »
Guys, I will close the poll tomorrow evening 9pm JST as my birthday is on the 29th and I will let me two kids select the model/models chosen.

So please if you haven't voted please do as my kids are enjoying seeing the numbers (They have their own favorites)

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 02:13:55 PM »
Yes, Michael, the Hannover is creeping up! Only one vote away from a tie! This is still anybody's game, ladies and gentlemen! Get your votes in now!! ;D

George

Offline newt

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 03:27:49 PM »
The vote wasn't tight enough, so I also voted for the Hannover! Besides, I will be building it in the near future and am hopeful I'll get see yours built before I start mine. Cheers!
Kent

Offline FarEast

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 04:52:36 PM »
PS BTW, I must say I love the level of humanity you're bringing to our little group here. It balances well with the automatons.
PPS Also interested in your choice of Fareast as a moniker....I grew up in Japan listening to the Far East Network on the radio.

Thank you, I thought I would add a bit of interactive fun to the forums as it can kind of be a little one sided. I was also thinking of doing a poll for my next build - it's still touch and go in regards to the FE.2b as I'm of the mind set that it's just a bigger version of the DH.2 but I do love those heavily rigged birds!

FarEast, well that's related to another hobby/work from my past. I used to import and export survival game products about 10 years ago most Tokyo Marui products out of Japan and then Madbull and JSG and other US and HK based products in. I also did a lot of online reviews of to be released and prototype products for a lot of the companies and attended the trade shows  the name came about through that as 'James in Japan' was already taken and was a bit long winded as a call sign when actually playing the game.

And only 38 people including myself have voted ....come on people one click that's all it takes!

Offline FarEast

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 08:47:04 AM »
Ok guys 13 hours left to get your vote in - so far it looks like the Hannover Cl.II is going to go through the post first - so if you have an opinion please share it!

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 10:26:03 AM »
As I said earlier, go for the Junkers J.1, an ugly aeroplane but a great kit, it is quite a large model but builds up to be a really good model, that is my 2 cents worth  :)

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 11:07:37 AM »
James, the Hannover got my vote simply because I built one in 1/48 scale a couple years ago and have been mildly tempted by the WNW offering since its release, but just couldn't pull the trigger.  Des, Przemo and a few others here have built gorgeous models, but one or two more might just push me over the edge.
Cheers,
Bud, on holiday in Cancun. 8)
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 11:40:00 AM »
Bud, on holiday in Cancun. 8)

Cancun? Oh Gawd...I hope we're not going to see you in one of those Girls Gone Wild videos....in a bikini.