Author Topic: who is overpaying for wnw on ebay?  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Malteser

Re: who is overpaying for wnw on ebay?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 08:23:43 AM »
Used to love Ebay when it was more of an online "yard sale" where individuals sold off things they did'nt want any more. Now not so much.

Steve
I quite agree, eBay was very different, lots of bargains and I seem to remember that trade sellers had to identify themselves as such?

There is also a pervasive belief that everything on eBay is a "bargain" !!

Suzanne

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 08:36:10 AM »
Ebay has changed dramatically over the years but unfortunately it has become worse, and Suzanne is exactly right when she said there is a pervasive belief that everything on Ebay is a bargain. I have found many many so called bargains to be a lot more expensive than buying it from a shop. Ebay used to be fun back in the old days when it first started, like Steve said, more like a 'yard sale' but online. I deleted my Ebay account a few months ago after doing over 1000 transactions over the years, but when they changed the rules to include postage costs in their selling fees that was enough for me.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 09:18:42 AM »
  On the subject of overpaying for WNW on E-Bay. All I can say is that it's a Free Market type business. Meaning that the demand and the rarity of the wanted kit determine the selling price. As WNW kits still in production it's basically the same with exception of the kits rarity or production status. So if you're willing to pay a premium prices for an in production kit the seller will be more than glad to sell you one. If nobody will buy at the high prices then the seller will adjust the price downward over time until they do sell. I'm too long winded to refer to my reply as just my .2 cents.Perhaps this was just my .25 cents.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 08:44:02 PM »
Spot on Steve, Suzanne and others.

Having made around 60 purchases over the years, I hardly even bother to look now. It seems to me that the golden age is long since gone.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 02:56:28 AM »
I never look for bargains on ebay, only rarities, but won't over-pay, even on those.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 12:53:16 PM »
same here bud. i comb thru a couple times a weak looking for the odd oop kit and if i can afford it i bid.having been getting much lately but things are looking up.