Author Topic: The only place this could go.....  (Read 1858 times)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
The only place this could go.....
« on: July 15, 2012, 03:58:31 AM »
The mount of Ernst Udamann with the personal YO! markings. The top wing (Thats the funfte one..count em funf...) is red and white candy striped. ....just like that other copy cat guy......

Steve
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 04:09:50 AM by pepperman42 »

Offline Chris Johnson

Re: The only place this could go.....
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 08:41:12 AM »
Now that must have been fun to build. You did a great job with it.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
Cute!

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 01:19:17 PM »
Tis Cute for sure, but I have concerns...................
First we get Chris and Gary drifting to "the dark side" to work on "things with no wings", now this!? Or wait, there's more! Perhaps by presenting a "Funf-dekker" Steve is encouraging them to take a wing or two for their wingless, to this point , subjects.
Keep at it Steve, they'll see the error of their ways soon, and if not, I'll assist with sarcasm and ridicule! (however I reserve the option to maybe build the huge CF 101 I have stashed......it's a sentimental thing that makes me do it)
Cheers,
Lance ;)

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 11:06:27 PM »
   Steve,
Well I guess that if things without wings is the Dark Side this must be the Lighter Side of Modeling. She's a real cutie my friend and I'm glad you posted her. I got a real kick out of that tire repair job too obviously not your standard Canadian Tire quality work. Glad to see your mojo is back.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 01:07:38 AM »
Tis Cute for sure, but I have concerns...................
First we get Chris and Gary drifting to "the dark side" to work on "things with no wings", now this!?

Hold on there partner!  ;D  I'm working on this right now and it's very close to sprouting wings. Note the use of the plural. Anyone care to guess what it is?

I'm only thinking about straying back to the dark side.  ;D

Cheers,

Chris

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 01:19:52 AM by Chris Johnson »
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 01:47:55 AM »
Im guessing a Sah-wardfish - Trumpeter? Also known as the giant knockoff of the 48th Tamiya.

Steve

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 05:15:10 AM »
You win the cigar Steve.

It's uncanny how the parts breakdown and assembly instructions mirror the Tamiya kit exactly. I was aware that they had scaled up the Tamiya kit and that's why I took the leap of faith. I guess they thought that no one would notice if the parts were bigger.  :o

Cheers,

Chris

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 05:56:23 AM »
O.K. Chris, you're off the hook as it's also known as a Stringbag and has rigging. When several of our better modellers start mucking about with wingless mud moving machines I get nervous; don't want to lose Folks!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 03:20:08 PM »
it is a swordfishy of course, is it the tamiya 1/48 or the trumpeter 1/32? i am about to slap some paint on the italeri 1/35 autoblinda as well as doing some sinkhole filling on the icm mercedes g4 in 1/35.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 03:22:21 PM by ALBATROS1234 »