Author Topic: 1/16 scale Sopwith Camel  (Read 886 times)

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
1/16 scale Sopwith Camel
« on: August 10, 2015, 09:23:49 AM »
  To All,
Has anyone built the new Hasegawa 1/16 scale Sopwith Camel? I just read about in an older Windsock and was wondering if it builds up as great as the spues appear. Thanks for any assistance .
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: 1/16 scale Sopwith Camel
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 05:23:39 PM »
i havent seen any builds greg, there was such a buzz a while back then i have really seen any around, granted i havent deliberately searched as it " a camel" and not real interesting to me personally. i have built 2 camels both eduard 1/48 they are just kinda plain to me kinda like the se5a or other plain jane pc-10 flyer. you know me like those central powers stuff the most,french 2nd,russian 3rd and last place are most brit stuff to me. there are a few neat looking brit planes in my eyes like a be2,dolphin,aw fk8,fe-8, and a few others,mostly the more odd looking stuff appeals to me when it comes to rfc

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 08:39:38 PM »
Here are two reviews I found for this kit Gregory, hope they of some help to you.

Des.

http://web.ipmsusa3.org/content/sopwith-camel-f1

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/has/kit_has_50031.shtml
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 12:15:10 AM »
Gregory,
    I saw the Kit at the IPMS Western Canadian Region Contest in Nanton, just east of your old stomping grounds in Calgary in early June. It's quite impressive however I quickly resolved to not look into it unless I get lucky on moving to a larger home with more display space, it's quite large. The only criticism I have of the Build (or rather a detail I'd do differently) is the plastic "wood" components of the entire frame are very plain tan coloured pieces, they would really look much better with a hint of wood graining, no big task really. I didn't meet the Builder, it was very nicely built but I thought entered in the wrong Category and completely over shadowed by outstanding super detailed "1:32 and Larger" detailed Kits. I thought it should have been entered in the same Class as mine and the other WWI Subjects where it may have achieved better recognition.
   I only got one photo of it, but it does show how impressive the finished product is...........neat project for sure and maybe others in future?

Go for it old Buddy, might be a great way to "restart" those hands on the Bench when you're ready! :) ;)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 01:19:24 PM »
 Lance,
Thanks for the information on this kit my old friend. Very impressive photograph you shared. I agree on the sheer size of this beast,would need to build a hanger just to store her. You know what a detail nut I am,so would imagine I'd go absolutely nuts adding details. I may decide to add this one to the to do list for a distant project. Sure is a mighty temptation .

Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"