Author Topic: Valleycon 26 April 3, 2016 Chicopee, MA USA  (Read 1979 times)

Offline davecww1

Valleycon 26 April 3, 2016 Chicopee, MA USA
« on: August 08, 2015, 01:24:26 AM »
Hot off the press, here is our flyer for next spring's contest located in Chicopee Massachusetts on Sunday April 3.  We will have a special theme award for the centennial of World War 1 1916-2016, open to any model on air, land or sea used from 1914-1918.  The show is as usual in a hall with 2 floors, top floor is full of vendors and the basement is the display area.  The largest IPMS show in the New England area.  Hope some of you can make plans to travel to the show this year, we are trying to get a strong showing of WW1 models, which will allow me to have the same theme for 1917-2017!
Thanks
Dave Calhoun

« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:29:49 AM by davecww1 »

Offline davecww1

Re: Valleycon 26 April 3, 2016 Chicopee, MA USA
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 11:34:33 AM »
Updated the photos, somehow the link was broken.  Less than a month to go and we will be having the best WW1 themed show on the east coast.  There will be a special table designated for WW1 models of all types and they will be judged using the Open style of Gold, silver, Bronze, where each model or group of models will be judged against a standard, this allows for more than just 1,2,3 winners.  I would recommend this show to anyone in the New England/NY NJ area as we have two floors, one floor is all vendors with the lower floor for model contest and displays. Hope to see some of the local guys there.
Dave C

Offline IanB

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 08:58:45 AM »
Thanks for the update Dave.
Presumably the usual "previous winners are ineligible"  rule applies, in which case I may just bring along a couple of oldies to display rather than compete....

Ian

Offline davecww1

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 11:19:07 AM »
Hi Ian,
As far as a previously winners rule goes, the only rule we have is it must not have won an award at our show before.  Also for the WW1 theme award I believe with the open judging system as used in AMPS armor and some Figure shows, you can submit a collection and the judges consider all planes in the collection against some type of standard (I'm not sure how the Open judging really works as this is new for me) but I would love to see your recent stuff like the MS N and did you ever finish the Ilya Mormuts?
So even if you had a model that won in the rigged or scratchbuilt class at our previous show it would be ok to enter it as part of your collection. The more WW1 stuff the better I always say!

Offline IanB

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 12:29:10 AM »
Thanks Dave, I'll put a collection together then!
 I have not finished the Muromets yet, part of the reason is that I have nowhere do display it yet and I don't want it gathering dust. But I have bought made-to-measure perspex to build an add-on for the coffee table - it'll fit underneath the glass top and should make an interesting display for the living room! Just need to put it together.....

Ian