Author Topic: New 1/72 Eduard Fokker D.VII  (Read 3934 times)

Offline rolanddvi

New 1/72 Eduard Fokker D.VII
« on: July 24, 2015, 10:50:47 AM »
So, I was at the US IPMS Nationals today looking through the Eduard display when I happen to see Vladimir Sulc. I walked up to him and told him I was a huge fan of Eduard's WWI kits. I then asked relayed to him that I had seen on a forum somewhere that Eduard was going to release a 1/72 scale Fokker D.VII to which he said YES!! In my excitement I forgot to ask when, not that he would have told me, but that's from the man himself.

Mike

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: New 1/72 Eduard Fokker D.VII
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 04:33:31 PM »
thats good news for sure. an eduard 1/72 fokker d.vii profipack will be a must buy kit,if for no other reason than to support eduard in its ww1 endeavors.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 06:28:51 PM »
thats good news for sure. an eduard 1/72 fokker d.vii profipack will be a must buy kit,if for no other reason than to support eduard in its ww1 endeavors.

Absolutely!

Best wishes
Nigel

Online RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 10:42:09 PM »
Great news for all! I might even be tempted to do one or two  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 10:55:28 PM »
Great news for all! I might even be tempted to do one or two  ::)
RAGIII

Me too, if I can find a stronger magnifier! ;D  Good to see Eduard is
still interested in WWI subjects.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Cimmerian

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 01:35:53 AM »
Great news.
Regards, Ken

It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”

WarrenD

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 09:47:36 AM »
Mike & All,
               This is great news indeed, and I only recently heard about it from a friend this weekend and so came here to check. Sorry I missed your initial post on this.
FWIW, back in 2005 at the IPMS Nats, I had a conversation with Mr. Suld, and (long story very short) he said that in truth 1/72nd was his first love and favorite scale. :)  (I was "stumping" for him to do a Nie.17 then, I got my wish!)

I'm really looking forward to this as the Roden and Mac both have some real problems, at least for someone of limited ability and talent such as myself. If it's as good as their Nieuports, SPADs, and other offerings, I'll buy a couple of dozen!  :)

Warren

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 10:20:25 AM »
I'm with you Warren. My skills are not that great and the Roden and MAC kits, while OK and appreciated, do require some work. Also for me time is an issue for me. Some Fokker D.VIIs of the same quality of the Eduard Nieuports, SPADs and others would be most welcome.

Mike

PS - Now we will have to get Pheon to do some of their great work on some AM decals!!  :)

Offline ermeio

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 07:55:18 PM »
The D VII is a great choice
much needed, since all the models on the market have their shape issues.
I hope that  the kit will be issued soon.

WarrenD

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 02:44:01 AM »
Mike,
        I purchased Pheon's Jasta 40s sheet when it came out. An old WWI Modeling List listee, Volker Hausler, produced a Jasta 40s set with great documentation back in the early 2000's or so. With the combination of both sets I've dreamed of recreating the one image I have of the Jasta 40s line up that appears in one of the Datafiles (The one on the Albatros? I can't remember.) In any event, there are SO many Fokker D.VII, variations, etc. that I'd love to build. This kit has such great potential for me, I'm sure it does for a great many others on here.

Warren

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 07:32:38 AM »
It really is fantastic news to see another new kit in a scale other than 1:32, the 1:72 and 1:48 scale modelers are now being catered for, hope to see many more new kits in these scales.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Syd Solo

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2015, 10:39:19 AM »
Eduard got the 1/48 D.VII's pretty right. If they can equal or better that quality in the one true scale, then I shall be buying many of them. Can't wait.
Syd

Offline LukasTheLight

• Addicted to Wingnuts...
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 11:02:43 AM »
Hello there,

Vladimir Sulc answers modelers question on one of the Czech forums, I might raise the question if you want ;) I certainly hope that Eduar will eventually put their hands on WWI in 1/32 scale too... although they seem to be very busy with their other projects at the moment :)

Cheerio
Lukas
"Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines.
They Can Fly Upside Down With Their Feet In The Air.
They Don't Think of Danger. They Really Don't Care.
Newton Would Think He Had Made A Mistake."

Lukas

Offline Syd Solo

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2015, 02:48:46 PM »
Hello there,

Vladimir Sulc answers modelers question on one of the Czech forums, I might raise the question if you want ;) I certainly hope that Eduar will eventually put their hands on WWI in 1/32 scale too... although they seem to be very busy with their other projects at the moment :)

Cheerio
Lukas

Yes, please raise it with Mr Sulc. He needs to be encouraged by the enthusiasm shown by his potential market. 1/72 needs a champion right now with the onslaught of WNW and others in giant scales.
Syd

WarrenD

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2015, 08:45:13 AM »
Yes, please bring it up, and let him know there are many of us ready to support him. (I've been supporting their 1/72nd efforts of late, both on and off topic WWI-wise.)  There are more than enough new 1/32nd kits coming out now. The 1/72nd crowd needs some love, as do those 1/48th guys!

Warren