Author Topic: measuring aircraft drawings against scale data?  (Read 1557 times)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: measuring aircraft drawings against scale data?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 06:55:43 PM »
A great discussion. I have to say although I try very hard, I am more than a little uncomfortable having my stuff being held up as a paragon of scale accuracy.  :o :)

Ermeio is 100% right that my efforts are completely dependent on others who did the original research! measuring, drawing, etc.

Moreover I cannot claim my parts are perfect 1:32 scale replicas of the originals. For one thing the parts they are intended to replace or supplement are not 100% true scale -- usually slightly undersized for well known reasons. Second, there are all kinds of fudging that has to be done to get contradictory source info to resolve. Even in cases where very complete dimensional info is available there is still guesswork / interpretation / interpolation involved when it comes to things like fillet radii and so forth...

Cheers

Offline Pgtaylorart

Re: measuring aircraft drawings against scale data?
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 12:05:39 AM »
Sorry, Bo, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. :-[

I guess, in the end, we're just doing are best to make a good looking model to our eyes. It's very subjective though and like I said, it's an approximation and we have to make certain compromises. :)

And now I'll just zip up my mouth. :-X ;D

George