Author Topic: Aircraft workshop, Duxford  (Read 1396 times)

Offline radio

Aircraft workshop, Duxford
« on: June 25, 2015, 10:40:27 PM »
Now a workshop for an lorry and how painted linen.
Martin

Offline Pgtaylorart

Re: Aircraft workshop, Duxford
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 11:47:50 PM »
That workshop would be a really cool addition to one of those Tommy's War lorries.

George

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 01:15:06 AM »
Thanks Martin for adding these photos, there are certainly great diorama ideas here, first time I have seen the mobile workshop.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline ermeio

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 06:39:28 AM »
Thanks for the photos, Martin

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 08:38:17 AM »
Wow, Martin....Merci Beaucoup!!

As George says, this would make an amazing diorama and the Thornycroft LOORY would be a perfect starting point!

Also, look at that machinery! That's the real thing, not like the CRAP made today in China!

Martin, how many pictures do you think you took on the whole trip?? I missed some of your postings but did you make any visits to places of interest to your wife? Not to say that she might not be interested in WWI aircraft!!

Cheers from NYC,
Michael

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 08:49:32 AM »
This appears to be the particular kit one might start with to make this mobile workshop. If anyone has more info, please feel free to weigh in!!

Also, I have been out of the model R.R world for a long time but there used to be amazing detail parts and machinery made, at least in 1/4" scale. There may well be in 1/32-1/35 these days.

I think it's time for me to win the lottery so I can retire to build models full time.

Cheers from NYC,
Michael

Offline radio

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 09:16:49 AM »
Thank you for your all compliments.
Michael, I not count all the photos. But we have about 4,8 GB photos with some films about a starting, flying and landing Spitfire.
We come also to Windsore Castle, Tower, Botanic garden Edinburg and other nice places. ;D
My wife enjoy also the Museums.
Martin

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 10:01:26 AM »
As far as I know, there isn't a Model RR scale close to 1/32. O scale, or 1/48, is the only overlap to our common scales. I know all this machinery is available in 1/48, 1/64, and 1/87, but it would probably need to be scratch built in 1:32.

George

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 12:32:14 PM »
Huh...Good point, George. I guess I was thinking of G...which turns out is 1:22.5 (Who comes up with these scales??)

I'd think there is enough various kinds of after market stuff out there that individual parts (or Bits and bobs as you lot over there, and a solitary and nationality confused Californian refer to them) could be adapted...especially among all the armor after market stuff. I just came across 1:35 welding equipment.

OK, again, Martin...thanks for all these photos...they are a real gold mine and it sounds like you and your wife really had a wonderful and varied trip.

Cheers