Author Topic: luedemann kits?  (Read 4084 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

luedemann kits?
« on: June 18, 2015, 06:58:46 AM »
i have been having an interest in 1/72 recently. there so small and make for a fun quick build,at least for me. i have been looking into some odd companies that made vacuforms and/or short run and/or resin. this led me to classic plane which have some nice unusual subjects .i found their german main site and found this company called luedemann models. mainly obscured very cool early ww1 german and a-h stuff. and they are pretty cheap. looking around i cant find a whole lot on them except a few reviews on internet modeller. my question is has anyone dealt with the main company. they state that most times the models are made upon being ordered and may take longer than usual. i dont mind this if the models are decent and with prices for fighters in 1/72 averaging 16 euro they are very affordable(another advantage of 1/72 modelling. below i will put some links. 1st is the main site,next is the luedemann kit list.really cool stuff if they are decent. i noticed they have every imaginable taube variant for one thing. ;D

http://www.classic-plane-mrr.de/

http://www.classic-plane-mrr.de/index_e.html

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: luedemann kits?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 07:00:10 AM »
well it seems the links dont really get you to the luedemann kits. switch to english then click catalog then luedemann

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 10:57:12 AM »
That is a REALLY impressive list of kits! I never realized how many versions of the Taube there were! No wonder WNW hasn't done one...which would you choose  8) I am sorry I don't have any info on the quality to offer!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 11:18:38 AM »
you see why it seems so tempting. they look ok in reviews i found as in:

http://www.internetmodeler.com/2001/june/first-looks/LM_Taube.htm

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 12:11:16 PM »
You should go for it Scott. Kits sound like they are the product of a real enthusiast at the very least..

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 01:08:26 PM »
Scott, those Taube kits look phenomenal.  I'm tempted myself. 
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 07:17:40 PM »
I have two of their Taubes, one built, the Jeannin Stahltaube, and a Gotha Taube still in the stash. I thoroughly enjoyed the build.

Decals were custom made as none were included in the kit
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 08:18:14 PM »
Very Impressive Model James!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline boggie

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 09:01:19 PM »
Wow jamo!
Very nice.  :)
Any more pics?

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 10:34:54 PM »
Lovely Jamo!

Offline ermeio

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 10:51:12 PM »
I have some of their Taubes and I can confirm that they are lovely thin, detailed and well reproduced.
They produce an endless variety of (mostly KUK) subjects, and soon it was too difficult for me to cope with their ever increasing list of Taubes, Doppledeckers and so on ... at least financially...
but it was ages before the WNW evil hit the market ... :-)

Offline Berman

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 01:22:06 AM »
Besides  "Taube, Dove of War" by John DeVries and the Albatros datafile, are there any other good books with photos and scale drawings of various tauben?

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 01:23:40 AM »
Truly stunning Taube, Jamo!  But one photo?  From you?  I know you know how to take photos, James!  More, please.

Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Thumbs up

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 06:09:57 AM »
I Really would like some of these kit's ! Jamo your Taube is as sweet as a dove!

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 06:49:34 AM »
thanks guys, and jamo where did you get the kits? at a show ,a retailer or direct from the source above? i was thinking of going for it with a couple to start and maybe even a couple classic plane kits. they have some very interesting topics. i see a few kuk and 2 seaters that noone else has kitted but sometimes with these small manufacturers the customer service isnt very good. i dont mind waiting a bit but i ordered some stuff from a czech manufacturer once and they accepted payment and i waited and waited and it just never progressed past them taking my money so i lost out. i just dont want to send money and never get anything in return.

by the way that is an amazing taube is that modelled after the one they have at the deutches tecknik museum?