Author Topic: "the complete book of fighters" green/swanborough  (Read 803 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

"the complete book of fighters" green/swanborough
« on: June 06, 2015, 09:50:46 AM »
those of you who know me know i am a plans hound. i simply love pouring over drawings and descriptions of aircraft predominately ww1 and other biplanes. well i have for years used the site: http://flyingmachines.ru/Site2/Indexes/Crafts1.htm
 well when searching it they list the sources. one book kept coming up in regards to 3 views. the above title.well i did a google search and found one for dirt cheap on amazon a while back. so i bought it. figureing it was so cheap why not. well it is a real bargain. it claims to have every fighter created(mainly single seat but also many 2 seat),up to its publication date of 1994 in its oversized 608 pages. granted the 3 view are tiny. i have yet to scan and blow some up. but i must say that there are tons of craft i have never seen or heard of. they include prototypes and other one off types(including plenty ww1 types i have never seen). there are typically 1 photo,one small 3 view and a short paragraph of info and spec for each type.it claims 2,340 photos,1200 general arrangements deawings(3 views) 470 color profiles and 80 cutaways. i am here to say if you see one for sale for cheap grab one you wont be disapointed. evem if there are inaccuracies(i assume there are some?) even if the 3 views are small. there are a ton of eye candy and pleasurable reading for anyone who is into military aircraft.

check it out: they start at $1.92 plus $3.99 shipping with an average of $15.00. i usually rather spend a couple more bucks to get a nicer copy from a seller with highest possible rating preferably 100%

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=the+complete+book+of+fighters+green+swanborough

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: "the complete book of fighters" green/swanborough
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 10:00:35 AM »
Yeah it's a compilation of "Fighter A to Z" that ran in Air Enthusiast. Great stuff. When I was a kid my dad used to take me to Michigan News Agency every Sunday -- where they had cool imported magazines-- and we'd pick up that mag whenever there was a new issue...

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: "the complete book of fighters" green/swanborough
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 11:17:55 AM »
I was impressed by the value I got for such a cheap price bought it a couple months ago and I think I paid 5 bucks plus shipping