Author Topic: Special Hobby 1/48 Nieuport 10  (Read 946 times)

Offline jessie_c

Special Hobby 1/48 Nieuport 10
« on: March 15, 2015, 03:09:18 PM »
There's always time to start another stringbag. This time I'm doing a surprisingly advanced aircraft for 1915, the Nieuport 10.

The Nieuport 10 was built for the Gordon Bennett Air Race of 1914. Since of course that didn't happen, the aircraft was snapped up by the French Army, who used it as a reconnaissance/scout aircraft in a two seat configuration. Later, as the need to fighters became evident, the -10 was converted to single seat, either at the front, or in the factory. There were several different variants of the single seat fighter. Most were armed with a single Lewis gun fitted above the centre section of the upper wing, but again the mountings could vary from aircraft to aircraft. Not all that long ago, Special Hobby released a kit of this fairly rare aircraft.

I made a start by spraying about some Tamiya Wooden Deck Tan to do the base coat of the wooden structure.

There are some pretty ugly ejector pin towers inside the cockpit that will need to be chiselled out before I start painting the fabric.
"When once you have tasted flight you will walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward
for there you have been and there you will always long to return."  Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Special Hobby 1/48 Nieuport 10
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 03:31:21 PM »
Great choice, Jessie.  This is a very nice kit.  I think you'll really enjoy it.  I did.  What scheme will you be doing?

Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline xan

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 05:48:38 PM »
Nieuport X were very dirty, much more then the nieuport XI, you will enjoy!
Xan
"Zwei Armeen, die sich bekämpfen, sind eine grosse Armee, die Selbstmord an sich übt."
Barbusse.
"Une montagne en Allemagne ne peut pas offenser une montagne en France. Ou une rivière ou une forêt ou un champ de blé."
Remarque.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 06:18:48 PM »
Great to see you starting another build Jessie, I will follow along with interest.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

WarrenD

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 11:28:28 PM »
Always good to see a Nieuport design being built, no matter the scale, manufacturer, etc. I look forward to this.

Warren

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 11:59:20 PM »
Nice subject choice , following along with interest  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .