Author Topic: New German WWI figures in 1/72 from Germania  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: New German WWI figures in 1/72 from Germania
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 05:32:49 PM »
Very nice figures James, thanks for posting the images and the link, and the car is really neat.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Squiffy

• Something up with my banter, chaps?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 07:52:05 PM »
Those figures look great. They're just what I need to spur me on to do more on my German airfield dio.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 05:26:58 AM »
It's always good to see more accessories coming out like this. Thanks for the info, James.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Modelnut

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 05:57:03 AM »
I need 10 of everything!

WarrenD

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 04:48:43 AM »
Well, all of these and some others not illustrated here in this thread are speeding their way to me as I write.  (I'll get that A-H staff car in the future.) I did correspond with Michael, the proprietor, and expressed my wish for some French pilots and groundcrew. (I have the Eduard set for the RFC to work with in the future.) He wrote me back that he'd take it under advisement, but that their next set would be and RFC two-seater crew.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Guess I need to resurrect my Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter build or dig out my Roden F2B, or Pegasus DH4.

I've been meaning to order some figures from these folks for quite a while, just never got around to it. This post pushed me over the edge.

Happy, happy, joy, joy on my end.

Warren
Doing the Snoopy Dance.

WarrenD

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 07:41:07 AM »
I received a message from Michael this morning that I consider great news:

"here the next release, will be available in 8-10 days. I phoned with Max Hecker, he will bring french pilot too within the next time.
This is Royal Flying Corps 1917 , a crew for SE5 + 2 ground crew, 1 with aerial camera."

Warren

Offline malaula

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 09:55:43 PM »
Well,here's the RFC counterpart!Sadly Mr.Hecker seems to have adopted Steve Warrilow-style-moustaches.
A problem is the size of these beautiful sculpted gems: The standing german aircrew for example measures(without cap)26,75mm =1,926 m,about 25cm bigger than the average size that time.That makes combining those figs with others a problem.

Anyway,I'll be happily buying these and forthcoming sets for they are real beauties concerning the sculpting !

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 07:45:42 AM »
Another excellent set of 1:72 scale figures, height difference means little as humans are all different heights, 5 foot nothing up to 6 foot 10  :) ;)

These will fit in perfectly with some of the dioramas I have seen in 1:72 scale, it's all good for the smaller scale builders  :D

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

WarrenD

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 08:16:26 AM »
Thanks for posting the photo Malaula. Michael threw this set into my shipment since he was OOS on one of the sets I ordered.

I too am disappointed in the moustaches as well.  :-\  They'd work if I was a WWI pilot, but I'm not.  ;)  I guess folks get it in they're head that WWI pilots, soldiers, etc. were all late 19th c. Victorians.

Warren