Author Topic: Sopwith 1B1 Roden 1/48  (Read 3251 times)

Offline Nigel Jackson

Re: Sopwith 1B1 Roden 1/48
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 04:09:30 PM »
What a magnificent piece of work, Iwik. Well done!

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline KitRookie37

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2015, 05:30:43 PM »
Hello gentlemen,
Amazing painting !!! What a beauty Olivier !
Friendly.
Alain.
Use the force, Luke.

Offline xan

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2015, 06:02:14 PM »
Hello Iwik,
As always, I'm fan of your work...
I particullary do like the way you paint the wings with darker colors in the trailing adges. I will soon contact you to know more about cause I will apply it very soon...
One thing I bought a strutter too i Bron exposiiton last week, and speaking with a friend about the french decorations he told me the french strutters were silver. Do you eard something about that? (I do prefer them in fabric color as you did, so I will be very easy to convince...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 06:16:47 PM by xan »
"Zwei Armeen, die sich bekämpfen, sind eine grosse Armee, die Selbstmord an sich übt."
Barbusse.
"Une montagne en Allemagne ne peut pas offenser une montagne en France. Ou une rivière ou une forêt ou un champ de blé."
Remarque.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 06:04:18 PM »
very nice ,great to see some more 1/48 stuff, theres so many wnw threads i cant keep up, i definately check out this type stuff.

Offline iwik

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2015, 09:12:39 PM »
Hi y'all!
Thank you so much for your kind words!
I might be posting some of my even older kits if you want, otherwise I'm afraid you won't be hearing of me for a while. I'll soon start work on a Hobbycraft 1/32 Spad XIII, but it will be for Wingmaster first...
Ciao
Iwik
Ps Xan, most Sop 1/2 were silverdoped. In the WD it is said that (if I remember correctly) some early ones (for the Brits? I can't rememeber either, will have to look it up home...) were indeed clear doped. But we're not sure which ones... Pm me anytime you want! I'll give you my number!

WarrenD

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2015, 12:18:54 AM »
Iwik, that is true about the silver dope on the French Strutters. (I didn't want to say anything.  :)  ) It is believed that some early French machines were CDL, there is a t least one contemporary painting of one, but yes the majority were enduit metalaise (sp?).

The British machines were CDL at first, if memory serves, and then PC10 uppers.

Warren

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2015, 03:48:43 AM »
Iwik, that is true about the silver dope on the French Strutters. (I didn't want to say anything.  :)  ) It is believed that some early French machines were CDL, there is a t least one contemporary painting of one, but yes the majority were enduit metalaise (sp?).

The British machines were CDL at first, if memory serves, and then PC10 uppers.

Warren
Warren is correct, Iwik.  In addition, a number of RNAS 9700's were transferred to France in their original cdl.  This information is in both Datafiles and Cross and Cockade.  So, your cdl ship could be correct.  Even so, who cares.  It's a magnificent model.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

WarrenD

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2015, 08:22:58 AM »
Exactly.

Warren

Offline iwik

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2015, 04:02:17 AM »
Darn... :o

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2015, 05:34:02 AM »
A terrific model all the same and one of my favorite subjects to boot.