Author Topic: RNAS cap badges in 1:35 scale?  (Read 1505 times)

Michael Scarborough

RNAS cap badges in 1:35 scale?
« on: March 09, 2015, 09:11:06 AM »
I know that 1:35 PE cap badges are made for various British WWII Army units but, by any chance, has anyone ever seen them for RNAS officers caps?

Thanks,
Michael

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: RNAS cap badges in 1:35 scale?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 09:47:16 AM »
Wow Michael, that would be exremely small, I know they make German helmet badges using decals so I suppose the same could be done with cap badges, hope someone can help you out.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Royston

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 06:47:48 PM »
Never seen any Michael, even the 1/48 naval figures I have don't show that detail.
The best source for all things RN was White Ensign but sadly they shocked the ship building world when they closed just after Telford.

Roy

WarrenD

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 10:02:33 AM »
Michael,
            I'm not aware of anyone producing these. In 1/32nd or 1/35th, they'd be very tiny affairs. If you can produce the artwork, I'm sure someone could do a run for you, or you could etch them yourself. (With you talents and spirit of experimentation, I'm sure this will be no problem for you.)

I was very saddened to see WEM go under, but with the PO refusing to ship his paints, that nailed the coffin lid shut on his business. I'm just hoping that someone in the U.S. will volunteer to be a distributor of his paints. (I've got a small hoard of the IJN/IJAAF and USN colors.)

Warren

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 10:30:14 AM »
Michael,

Do you have any good photos of the badges you are referring to?  I might be able to create the artwork you need to create PE and decals if it's not too small. I would also need to see the model figure and cap it will be placed on for size reference.

George

WarrenD

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 11:39:05 AM »
Michael,

Do you have any good photos of the badges you are referring to?  I might be able to create the artwork you need to create PE and decals if it's not too small. I would also need to see the model figure and cap it will be placed on for size reference.

George

See brother?  There ya go.  ;) :)

Warren
Waiting for my Rise of Flight to update, and get some practice so I can shoot Bo down during the annual "Bloody April" online war/tournament.  ::)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 12:22:02 PM »
Waiting for my Rise of Flight to update, and get some practice so I can shoot Bo down during the annual "Bloody April" online war/tournament.  ::)

Wait what?   :P

Actually, won't be hard, I pretty much suck, Jasta 2 only keeps me around because I occasionally work on the website :)

WarrenD

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 08:12:08 PM »

Wait what?   :P

Actually, won't be hard, I pretty much suck, Jasta 2 only keeps me around because I occasionally work on the website :)

Good, we'll be a good match up then, LOL!\

Warren

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 02:53:31 AM »
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed response....and much appreciation for the ideas.

I need the figure with cap on, as he will be holding a chart. So, I actually managed to carefully carve the RNAS badge off the cap he was holding...and then lose it to the floor.

I'll write to Martin and ask if he prepares them separately before applying them. They really are exquisite figures.

Cheers,
Michael

PS Bo and Warren can go back to playing their little game now.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 03:17:12 AM »
PS Bo and Warren can go back to playing their little game now.

Ahem. It's a simulation

;) :D

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 05:06:51 AM »
Oh...so sorry.....I stand corrected.

......their little simulation game.

WarrenD

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 08:49:55 AM »
Oh...so sorry.....I stand corrected.

......their little simulation game.