Author Topic: Charles Nungesser  (Read 799 times)

Offline Derrick

Charles Nungesser
« on: March 01, 2015, 06:23:48 AM »
I have always been interested by this individual. I have the book on Navarre and the early French fighter pilots, but I have not found in English, a book focused on Nungesser. Does anyone know of a book in English that is focused on Charles Nungesser and his aircraft ?

I plan on making a Nieuport 16 with his markings. I tired to get from Ebay, a Spad XIII and failed 3 times  :'( . Then there is Des' scratch build of a Voisin III that has sparked an interest in one day trying to do a scratch build.

WarrenD

Re: Charles Nungesser
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 08:11:07 AM »
I'd like to know if there is an English-language bio as well Derrick. What scale kits are you looking for?

Warren

Offline Derrick

Re: Charles Nungesser
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 10:45:17 AM »
I am working with 1/32. I have the Special Hobby Nieuport 16. I was trying t o get the hobbycraft 1/32 Spad XIII but was outbid. There is a limit as to what I am willing to pay. Hoping maybe someone will reissue that kit since the Camel and Nieuport 17 have been reissued. Then there is the Voisin, made by Des, which I had just noticed today as I was surfing thru the site, never looked at the pre 1914 stuff so now thinking maybe try my hand at a scratch build down the road