Author Topic: F/A 1/32 WnW F.2A + Windsock Datafile 82  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Rob_Owens

F/A 1/32 WnW F.2A + Windsock Datafile 82
« on: February 21, 2015, 09:28:13 AM »
ebay item #331484591840

Yes,  the original sold, but the top bidders all thought the listing INCLUDED the W.29 (IT DOES NOT!). I couldn't, in good conscience, ask the winning bidder to pay, so I've relisted the kit  (PLEASE READ THE LISTING TEXT IF YOU INTEND TO BID!!!).

In the mean  time, I noticed another ebay seller ("rhino_models" ebay # 321669640512)  copied the text of my original  listing to offer his kit for auction, but his DOES NOT include the Windsock Datafile!

Anyway. I will ship anywhere USPS delivers, but shipping outside the US will be expensive.

Regards from Texas, Rob

Offline Matt Parvis

Re: F/A 1/32 WnW F.2A + Windsock Datafile 82
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 10:57:39 AM »
Is this the listing where you had shown the box with the W.29 text on the box covered up AND where you said, many times, that the W.29 wasn't included? 

Matt
We won't bring the muskets, we won't cause the pain,
But we're good for some headaches, and tough to clean stains.

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 12:09:15 PM »
Matt, Yup, that would be the one. . . why do you ask??
Regards, Rob

Offline boggie

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 12:59:13 PM »
ebay item #331484591840

Yes,  the original sold, but the top bidders all thought the listing INCLUDED the W.29 (IT DOES NOT!). I couldn't, in good conscience, ask the winning bidder to pay, so I've relisted the kit  (PLEASE READ THE LISTING TEXT IF YOU INTEND TO BID!!!).

In the mean  time, I noticed another ebay seller ("rhino_models" ebay # 321669640512)  copied the text of my original  listing to offer his kit for auction, but his DOES NOT include the Windsock Datafile!

Anyway. I will ship anywhere USPS delivers, but shipping outside the US will be expensive.

Regards from Texas, Rob

Hi Rob.

I wonder if the bidders for rhino's kit have also failed to read the item description.
Current bid is $242. If the bidders are from the US I guess standard post would be about $20. Total cost so far $262 but direct from WNW with extra decal options $269. And bidding has a day to run! Doesn't compute to me, especially if the bidder/s are outside the US!
If they are expecting a double kit I would not expect the seller to be as honourable as you were. Good luck with your auction this time.   :)

Offline Matt Parvis

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 02:15:38 PM »
Rob, I ask because I saw the auction and you did everything possible to let people know the W.29 wasn't included, so I'm surprised anyone still thought that it was.

Matt
We won't bring the muskets, we won't cause the pain,
But we're good for some headaches, and tough to clean stains.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 03:22:00 PM »
lot of idiots out there

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 05:40:36 PM »
Matt,
      I, too, thought I had made things clear, but the "visual" is very powerful (especially for guys), and sometimes overrides what's in the "fine print." We see what we want to see, perhaps?
       Boggie, like you, I wonder on many occasions what's afoot when I see a WnW (and not just  the OOP kits) kit go on ebay for more than one could get it directly from WnW!!
    So, when I saw the winning bid, I messaged the winner to confirm that he understood that it was the F.2a only, and he admitted he had not. I just couldn't see forcing the issue when I hadn't actually lost anything. I'm a believer in "what goes around, comes around," and count myself fortunate that I've never been a victim of those unscrupulous ebay buyers who rob the delivered kit of the parts they're missing and then file a claim with ebay/paypal because the kit was "incomplete."
     I just wish I had grabbed the WnW Sopwith Tripe before it had run its production course!!!
Regards, Rob

« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:46:27 PM by Rob_Owens »

Offline boggie

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 08:56:52 PM »
Matt,
      I, too, thought I had made things clear, but the "visual" is very powerful (especially for guys), and sometimes overrides what's in the "fine print." We see what we want to see, perhaps?
       Boggie, like you, I wonder on many occasions what's afoot when I see a WnW (and not just  the OOP kits) kit go on ebay for more than one could get it directly from WnW!!
    So, when I saw the winning bid, I messaged the winner to confirm that he understood that it was the F.2a only, and he admitted he had not. I just couldn't see forcing the issue when I hadn't actually lost anything. I'm a believer in "what goes around, comes around," and count myself fortunate that I've never been a victim of those unscrupulous ebay buyers who rob the delivered kit of the parts they're missing and then file a claim with ebay/paypal because the kit was "incomplete."
     I just wish I had grabbed the WnW Sopwith Tripe before it had run its production course!!!
Regards, Rob

Hi Rob.

Sorry you missed the Tripe. I was in the process of placing my order on the night of 12 Dec last. I actually had the kit in my cart!, when I was interupted by a neighbour who dropped by for a chat. This led to a couple of beers :P which resulted in my order being deferred 'til the morning. When I attempted to send the order for the 2 items still in my cart , my cart would not connect with Paypal and I then noticed the Triplane was annotated as sold out!  :'(
Talk about poor timing! LOL

I can laugh about it now.......just.

Hopefully it will return down the track.

regards,  :)