Author Topic: L'aviation Française de la première guerre mondiale 1914-1918  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Nigel Jackson

L'aviation Française de la première guerre mondiale 1914-1918
« on: February 09, 2015, 10:46:53 PM »
Hello All.

I've spotted that Histoire & Collections have now released this full colour paperback. The advert on the back of the January/February volume of Wing Masters indicates that there are 176 pages, with 100 profiles in the normal  H&C style and a cost price of 33,20 euros. It is currently advertised on Amazon.uk at £25.11.  When I've ordered and received a copy I'll provide fuller detail, but maybe our French friends will be able to comment more fully.

At this stage, I don't know about any English language version.

By the way, I've still no news on the other, less glossily produced volume dealing with the war in the air over France, despite my having emailed the author a while ago. I'll let you know if anything emerges.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
Re: L'aviation Française de la première guerre mondiale 1914-1918
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 11:54:02 PM »
Thanks for that, Nigel, I like the look of this and have bookmarked it.
Looking forward to reading your comments/review.

Mark

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 02:12:17 AM »
You're welcome, Mark.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Derrick

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 03:33:37 AM »
Hopefully it will be available in English. When looking at the sample pages, the one drawing of Nieuport 11 flown by Navarre looks like it is using a Darne Lewis machinegun. I will have to check my other book to see if I can confirm this since I want to make Navarre's aircraft. Can't tell if it is full or half heatsink though.

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 06:58:50 AM »
I bought the English language version of the book and my 1st impression was one of mild disappointment. However, once I began reading it my opinion changed. It has a wealth of photos that I had not seen before and a lot of information I was previously unaware of. It is a very dense book with small type size and multiple photograph spreads on nearly every page. The color profiles are well done and the colors seem reasonably accurate.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 09:01:09 PM »
I have to agree Rob.

While not knowing whether any of the photos were being published for the first time, I did enjoy the photographic content. I also always love seeing colour profiles in the style presented, but was rather disappointed by the limited range of aircraft shown in this way.

Overall, I like the book and it provides a valuable French perspective, but I found it rather expensive.

Best wishes
Nigel