Author Topic: 1/48 Eduard Albatros D.v undercarriage question  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Matt Parvis

1/48 Eduard Albatros D.v undercarriage question
« on: February 06, 2015, 11:40:35 PM »
I've seen comments about the undercarriage on the Eduard's D.v and D.va being too short, resulting in an odd look to the built kit.  Does anyone know how much it is off by and does anyone know if the attachment points to the fuselage are also incorrect?  Finally, any information on how others have gone about fixing the issue would be greatly appreciated. 

I've got 4 of them in the stash currently and with that many I'd prefer not to go the aftermarket route.

Matt
We won't bring the muskets, we won't cause the pain,
But we're good for some headaches, and tough to clean stains.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: 1/48 Eduard Albatros D.v undercarriage question
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 11:57:48 PM »
Don't know the answer, but several WS DF have complete 1:48 plans including 151 & 152 (Albatros D.V/ D.Va at War, Vols. 1 & 2)

With those drawings in hand you should have no trouble correcting or scratching new parts...

Offline boggie

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 12:13:31 AM »
I've seen comments about the undercarriage on the Eduard's D.v and D.va being too short, resulting in an odd look to the built kit.  Does anyone know how much it is off by and does anyone know if the attachment points to the fuselage are also incorrect?  Finally, any information on how others have gone about fixing the issue would be greatly appreciated. 

I've got 4 of them in the stash currently and with that many I'd prefer not to go the aftermarket route.

Matt

Hi Matt.

Resin corrected u/c can be purchased from Brian Fawcett.
Cost about GBP 8.40 including shipping.

www.fawcettmodelsandpatterns.co.uk/1-48-scale-resin-detail-correction-parts

regards,
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 05:46:12 AM by Des »

Offline dtomko

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 03:36:01 AM »
The legs are 3mm short.  I just did three of them and increased the length by splicing in a section of rounded plastic with a wire drilled into each end. The attachment points are correct, so after increasing the length you'll need to squeeze them together a bit so they still reach the correct points on the fuselage.
Drew
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:42:31 AM by dtomko »