Author Topic: Gotha GL.VII, 1/72 by Bat Project  (Read 3468 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Gotha GL.VII, 1/72 by Bat Project
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 11:42:41 AM »
I also agree with you 100% Dave, the presence of Wingnut kits should not influence the smaller scale modelers and manufacturers.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

WarrenD

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 01:07:25 PM »
I also agree with you 100% Dave, the presence of Wingnut kits should not influence the smaller scale modelers and manufacturers.

Des.

Sadly though, it has. I'll leave it at that.

Warren

Online malaula

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 08:32:50 PM »
WNW for sure are a boon for WWI aircraft modeling as they enable even mediocre modelers to achieve good results ,and not leave them frustrated like a  short run or resin kit in 72nd scale would.
But,what I like best about them is the plethora of 1/72 kits given to me  by fellow modelers deciding to get rid of them to clear their stash!! Thanks for that,Sir Peter!

Offline zavod44

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 04:47:52 AM »
Bravo to BAT Project for doing a new 1/72 scale WW1 subject. Despite the so-called resurgence in WW1 due to Wingnut Wings, the reality is the range of WW1 kits- and scales- has suffered since WNW arrived on the scene. Their high quality has seen countless WW1 modellers change from 1/72 and 1/48th scale to 1/32 and of course attracted many non-WW1 modellers. Great for large scale WW1 modellers.

But all this has been at the expense of the smaller scale guys some of whom date back to the 50s with established WW1 collections in 1/72 and 1/48th scale. Sadly most kit makers have not only abandoned WW1 they have also walked away from smaller scales. This is very sad.

Not everyone wants to buy Wingnut Wings kits or 1/32 models, no matter how good they are. Space/ price issues come into play and I suspect quite a few people have established collections in 1/72 and 1/48th and would like to stay in those scales.

Bat Project is to be encouraged for giving the 72 scale guys some new products. Let's hope they sell well and produce many more WW1 kits.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Austraslia

I wish WNW would do this kit, I would buy it.....It's a cool looking plane