Author Topic: Voisin III  (Read 47068 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: Voisin III
« Reply #210 on: July 12, 2012, 09:36:37 AM »
the taube will be a challenge but yet fun. if anyone can do a wonderful taube in 1/32 its you. i actually thought about the same thing last year figuring it would make rigging easier in 1/32 and the wings as they are dont transfer well in i.m. plastic or resin. i was thinking i would do the wings in balsa covered in tissue. cuz as you i'mn sure know fromt the top the wings are fully fabric covered but from underneath half of the wooden ribs are exposed. should look lovely cant wait to see her.

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #211 on: July 12, 2012, 11:30:35 AM »
As usual I'm late - congrats Des on completing this truly superlative bird, absolutely superb craftmanship and truly inspiring!!
I would have gone nuts with the spiders web rigging and all those turnbuckles!

Looking forward to your next project with much anticipation.

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #212 on: July 14, 2012, 12:22:39 PM »

Des,
  This is me tipping in late as well. Given the exceptional results you produced on this build I'm really anticipating great things on your Taube. (I'm sure most of us figured you'd go that way from your earlier comments)
   If someone can ensure a steady flow of good beer and peanuts I'll just sit back in my recliner and watch another work of the Modeller's Art come together! Looking forward to this immensely.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Old Man

« Reply #213 on: July 20, 2012, 01:17:20 AM »
What a wonderful model, Sir!

One of the very best I have ever seen.

Congratulations!

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2012, 10:16:32 AM »
Thanks everyone for your very kind comments.

Looking through my reference material I noticed quite a few photos of a small machine gun mounted on the top wing facing rearward. It was a two barrel gun which fired at an incredible rate of 1200 rounds per minute, muzzle velocity was low and the magazines only held 25 rounds each. I scrounged through my spares box and found enough parts to knock up someting that looke similar to the photos I have, I think it adds a bit of character to the plane and takes the bareness from the top wing.

Des.

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Jose Chaica

• Jose "Von Muttley" Chaica
« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2012, 08:01:11 PM »
Just got better, no doubt...  :)
Jose Chaica, from Portugal.

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #216 on: July 29, 2012, 11:23:39 PM »
Des,

Apologies for joining in late on this one -

Absolutely superb workmanship all round.  I would not even think about taking on (I simply do not have the necessary skills/tools/equipment) a project like this.  Well done!!!

Out of interest, the two barrel weapon you refer too appears to be the Italian 9mm Vilar Perosa considered to be the first sub machine ever made.  A surprising choice as an anti aircraft weapon as I would not have thought a 9mm pistol cartridge would have had adequate striking power that a rifle cartridge fired from an automatic weapon would.

Best regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #217 on: July 30, 2012, 01:49:37 AM »
The MGs definitely add to the interest in the model Des and I always like seeing a figure in a photograph of a model as it gives the viewer a better idea of size.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #218 on: July 30, 2012, 03:29:49 AM »
Excellent addition, Des, and the pilot is brilliant.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline N.C.S.E

« Reply #219 on: August 15, 2012, 07:03:53 PM »
Better late then never but: Congratulations on a very successful finish Des. Great workmanship and skill. One of the pinnacles of modelmaking in my opinion is scratchbuilding.
The years to come seem waste of breathe, a waste of breathe on balance with this life, this death. - W.M.Yeates