Author Topic: 1:32 Roden S.E.5A, good price  (Read 3027 times)

Offline Fokker boy

1:32 Roden S.E.5A, good price
« on: June 14, 2012, 12:24:19 AM »
I just noticed that Squadron has this kit on sale at what I consider to be a real good price, so I thought I'd pass the info along.

http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=RD0602
Kevin

(30 years ago I started off with nothing, and I've still got most of it!)

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
Re: 1:32 Roden S.E.5A, good price
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 01:10:41 AM »
  Kevin,
Thanks for the heads up my old friend. That's an excellent price too so if anyone wants one now's the time to pick one up. I seriously doubt we'll even the price tag lower.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Fokker boy

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 09:33:01 AM »
I'm with you Greg. I've been debating this kit for quite some time, so I'll probably grab a couple too.
Kevin

Offline Fokker boy

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 08:33:57 AM »
Kit (one), arrived this morning. Now to hunt down an attractive (not boring), scheme.

Kevin

Offline Fokker boy

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 12:34:16 PM »
OK folks, Squadron has done it again, the Encore SE5a and Fokker F.I/Dr.I are both on sale for $24.99 each. For those that may be inclined, the Minicraft Centennial edition Titanic is just $39.99. Just enter keyword Loyal, update cart, and new price will be reflected in cart. Sale is only good through this Sunday evening.

http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=EC32002

http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=EC32003

http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=MI11318

Kevin

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 02:19:28 PM »
wow they musta seen your post. you just posted today and when i checked just now the se5a encore usa was 39.99 and the fokker 52.49. i was gonna snap  a fokker up for $25 but not 52.50

Offline Fokker boy

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 09:21:25 PM »
wow they musta seen your post. you just posted today and when i checked just now the se5a encore usa was 39.99 and the fokker 52.49. i was gonna snap  a fokker up for $25 but not 52.50
Did you add it to the cart, then update cart after entering loyal as the code? I just tried it, and it worked fine for me again. I'll shut down my browser, clear all the cookies and try again, but I'm quite sure it'll work fine.
Kevin

Offline Fokker boy

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 09:25:28 PM »
OK, I just did that, came back to this page, added item to cart (from provided link), typed loyal as the code, then updated cart,... total was $24.99 again (for SE5a).
Kevin

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 12:18:20 AM »
The F1. Along with all the p/e etc does the kit still have the regular Dr1 parts? I have the Dr but a second would appeal at 24.99. Did they change some of the sprue gates? I know the F1 stuff is in the Dr kit so I assume its all there.

Steve

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 12:31:48 PM »
The F1. Along with all the p/e etc does the kit still have the regular Dr1 parts? I have the Dr but a second would appeal at 24.99. Did they change some of the sprue gates? I know the F1 stuff is in the Dr kit so I assume its all there.

Steve

Steve,
   Just took a very quick look in the box; looks like it does. Appears to have the regular DR1 parts included on the sprue along with the separate resin elevators, ailerons and cowl etc for the F1.
    Grab it! Mine cost me double that on sale some time back.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Fokker boy

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 02:09:49 PM »
I agree with Lance, same basic kit with some additional parts, and at a great price.
Kevin

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 08:27:19 PM »
That would be a real bargain - if the people at Squadron would be able to provide at least an estimate of shipping costs upfront. As it is at the moment, i would have to place my order without knowing anything about shipping costs (to Germany, btw), with them (Squadron staff) putting shipping costs on top of my order, without me being able to say "yes" or "no" before.

I am really really sorry, but i am not going to buy any kit without knowing the total costs beforehand.

Stefan

Offline Fokker boy

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 08:43:52 PM »
That would be a real bargain - if the people at Squadron would be able to provide at least an estimate of shipping costs upfront. As it is at the moment, i would have to place my order without knowing anything about shipping costs (to Germany, btw), with them (Squadron staff) putting shipping costs on top of my order, without me being able to say "yes" or "no" before.

I am really really sorry, but i am not going to buy any kit without knowing the total costs beforehand.

Stefan

I don't blame you at all,... I wouldn't do it either.
Kevin

Offline Fokker boy

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 12:36:19 AM »
Speaking of the Encore kit, mine arrived yesterday. I'm a happy guy. (I like sales  :).)

I went ahead and snatched another Titanic as well.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 02:41:23 AM by Fokker boy »
Kevin

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 01:07:10 AM »
I understand your concern. The key in my case (shipping to Canada) is method of shipping; when they ship US Postal Service all is well, when they ship via private companys (Fedex for example) I get raped on customs and brokers fees, almost doubles the cost!
Suggest you try to confirm method of shipment although that may not make a difference to Germany?
Cheers,
Lance